Please or Register to create posts and topics.

[SP] Heavens Gate

Page 1 of 8Next

This is a big map including three chambers. Its my second mapping attempt and i wanted to try something diffrent. So dont expect a typical Portal2 map.
The difficulty should be medium - hard and the intended solution is controller friendly.
I dont want to spoil anything more. Hope you like it and your feedback is welcome.

v1.1 now you start without a portalgun and some graphic bugs are fixed.
v1.2 fixed a display bug for the numbers of room2
v1.3 fixed an unintended solution
v1.4 fixed multiple issues

File Name: sp_heavens_gate_v1.4.rar
File Size: 12.08?MiB
[SP] Heavens Gate

My Maps-1-2-3-4-5-

My PTI Tests-1-2-3-

WOW marKiu! This looks simply awesome! It also looks terribly difficult!

A good challenge for this evenning!

Downloaded... Let's try it later...

ImageImageImageImageImageuseful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup:
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]

Very nice... So far solved room 1... in room 2. Know what I'm supposed to do, just need to wrap my brain around the puzzle a bit more.. clever stuff. Looks great so far. :) one little bug I noticed.. 3rd part of room 2 the glass seems to disappear between part 2 & 3. still there just turns completely invisible.

Hmm, for some reason on my machine I start with the portal gun. I then solved the first room, and I found a portal gun - so I assume that I shouldn't be starting with one. Is this correct?

The map itself looks really great, and there's some very interesting puzzle design here!

Portal 2 Engineer - A map designed to make you think.

@josepezdj: thanks man hope u will enjoy it.

@szieve: nice thanks... glad that u like it. ill check that bug with the glass window later because this map take forever to compile.

@ruien: ahhh :( i deleted the elevator because i couldnt get it to work that u start without a portalgun... now u spawn just with the info_player_start entity. i guess the error must be on your side. IF ANYONE ENCOUTERS THIS BUG TOO PLEASE LET ME KNOW! anyways you should have some ugly errors because multiple visible worldportals dont work with normal portals. maybe you try to solve it again without the portalgun. im happy that u like the design.
thanks for your feedback guys.

My Maps-1-2-3-4-5-

My PTI Tests-1-2-3-
marKiu wrote:
i deleted the elevator because i couldnt get it to work that u start without a portalgun...

You can use trigger_weapon_strip :wink:

I will try this map later.

~(o)~~/o\~ A Trusted Friend in Science
My workshop
How to control other people
[spoiler]LOL, I've just forced you to click on the 'SHOW' button! Now click here: http://soundcloud.com/vojtasiman/[/spoiler]

My head hurts

andyb wrote:
My head hurts

Are you working on door 3 too? I've tried

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.
. Seems it has to be
Spoiler
and that rules out a lot of combinations (like list concatenation).

Portal 2 Engineer - A map designed to make you think.

I haven't solved anything yet, I'm just posting to say that I also had the bug with the portal gun.

Ruien wrote:
andyb wrote:
My head hurts

Are you working on door 3 too? I've tried

Spoiler
. Seems it has to be
Spoiler
and that rules out a lot of combinations (like list concatenation).

No I'm on 2 lol.I got dizzy from 1 lol so I'm taking a break and playing something easy.Portal pro

Page 1 of 8Next