Please or Register to create posts and topics.

[SP] Basement horrors

Hello and welcome to Basement horrors. This map has been in development for quite a long time due of many difficulties I was facing while creating this map, but it is finally here.

The concept of the map:
The first concept idea camed from the "Cube" movies, but after that, I wanted to create something fresh, something scary, something that isn't generic, with re-play value. And in the end - this is it.

Objectives:
* (Main) Escape, by finding 2 switches and an exit.
* (Optional) Escape with 4 friends - extra ending.

Things to know:
* Each time the map restarts, the placement of the traps and objectives are shuffled. Every time the map is restarted, it is a new experience.
* There are no save points.
* You will probably die many times. As you die, you learn.
* Don't rush in, be paranoid, throw a shoe.
* There is a longer ending if all 4 friends are rescued.
* Saving isn't a crime, just I would recommend to use it when you have died too many times.

Challanges:
* Finish the map without saving.
* Bring 4 friends into the elevator so you wouldn't feel alone.

I hope you enjoy this creation and get few jump scares. Heck, I created this, I know its ins and outs, yet it still jump scares me like crazy.

Here are some hints to help you out:
* "Thow a shoe" is word play, meaning throw objects.
* Many traps trigger the same way, either by players or objects presents. Some traps lock in the player and certain action must be done (or just survive) to unlock the room.
* Some traps can be activated more than once.
* All of the traps have their own visual cues. By remembering the trap room details (mostly floor), you might know what to expect the next time.

Known issues:
* There are some points where lighting doesn't look good (some props, walls).
* Console errors.

Special thanks to:
HMW - for the shuffle script.
SCP (game) - for few sound effects.

Ps: if there are any bugs or problems, please report.
Have fun

Click here to download Basement horrors

Was really fun to play! :D
Thanks for creating :thumbup:

This is a fun map! I only had a short time to play yesterday, but I got the general idea.

It looks nice too, despite being (mostly) made of movable geometry. I see you're using some clever world portal tricks too. All in all, well done!

Sendificate series: Sendificate | A Beam Too Far | Airtime | 302
Other Portal 2 maps: Medusa Glare
Portal 1 maps: Try Anything Twice | Manic Mechanic
HMW wrote:
This is a fun map! I only had a short time to play yesterday, but I got the general idea.

It looks nice too, despite being (mostly) made of movable geometry. I see you're using some clever world portal tricks too. All in all, well done!

Took me a while to make this map due that it went through many changes, re-designs and other stuff. Plus, the map is on the edge of using maximum entities, I had to cut few things to make the end product. In the end, I love myself for making this project and relieved that it is finally done.

Though, this map is very unusual to Portal 2 players and can be very punishing, which so far showed that many players tend to give up after few tries.

Once again, thanks for the script :)