Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Should this forum have an edit function?

Page 1 of 2Next

Well, the question is clear, and I think double posting is very annoying.

Should this forum have an edit function?

Definitely. I was trying to get hold of msleeper just now to try and get him to implement one. He's not been on since last night so I think he'll be quite surprised by the amount of members now. :D

Life is like a pipe, it's hard to get through and you're not always guaranteed a happy ending.

Personally, I see no reason not to have one.

Baconfeet :: Any original content was a mistake.

No edit button? What is this, the stone age?

Isolation wrote:
No edit button? What is this, the stone age?

There's an edit button for News Posters, so there IS an edit button, he's just not allowing it for general posts.

I'm gonna speak with him ASAP. Promise. <3

Life is like a pipe, it's hard to get through and you're not always guaranteed a happy ending.

Sounds good Grudge.

But yeah, the edit button is needed alright (for general members(!)). Doubleposting is just annoying.

- Nezerv

I'm thinking with portals!

I think an edit button is essential to any forum. The pre's outweigh the con's by far anyway.

My specializations:
-Thinking with portals
-Killing with Pyro's
-Defending with Engineers
-Healing with Medics
Nezerv wrote:
Doubleposting is just annoying.

Agreed. As someone who spends most of their time on web design, and is in fact is developing some forum software right now, I am disgusted by double posting, and thus disgusted by the lack of an edit button. If I remember correctly from my phpBB days, isn't it just a simple option in the Admin CP to enable post editing? On that note, why aren't you using version 3?

Baconfeet :: Any original content was a mistake.
Grudge wrote:
Definitely. I was trying to get hold of msleeper just now to try and get him to implement one. He's not been on since last night so I think he'll be quite surprised by the amount of members now. :D

Hes away for the weekend, he has solar. :

btw im the server owner that the site is hosted on as well as msleeper's co-worker.

The forum has an edit button, he just has it disabled. Its as simple as reenabling it to bring it back :P

Page 1 of 2Next