Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Shadows of a grate

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next

Ok, same results after trying :
- disable shadows=Yes + Shadows=Yes
- disable shadows=No + Shadows=No
- disable shadows=Yes + Shadows=No
- disable shadows=No + Shadows=Yes

Hmm... the issue then should be into the compile... what kind of compile are you doing? default? have you checked if you are not compiling lighting? (check in expert mode if $light_exe command is checked). Or maybe because it's matt_fullbright set to a value different than 1... or have you recently run any console command (or some script or someone's complex or scripted map) related to shadows (r_shadows / r_pr_shadows)? just in cases, try in the console: r_pr_shadows 1 (sv_cheats enabled)...

ImageImageImageImageImageuseful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup:
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]
josepezdj wrote:
Hmm... the issue then should be into the compile...

:thumbup: :notworthy: :thumbup:
Well done ! That's it ! The expert mode !
I was compiling in the normal mode with HDR checked, but not in expert mode.
I should have tried this before posting ! but the fact that it worked in the second map (as shown on the screenshot of my other post) which was also compiled in the normal mode, was misleading !!!

It works with the func_brush with a grate texture, and disable shadows=No + Shadows=Yes

I will edit this post with a screenshot soon...

Thank you very much josepezdj

EDIT : See Nacimota's post (next page) for his explanations about static and dynamic lighting concepts.

I'm glad to hear that, because I was running out of ideas and about to suggest you to burn you computer and watch the fire shadows on the wall of you bedroom! :lol: Looking forward to see a picture when the room is finished! :thumbup:

I suppose your problem was that -textureshadows was not run in normal compile mode.

The Aperture Alpha
A map pack coming soon. - click for more information

That video you posted, they actually used brushes and not a grate texture, hence why they had sharp shadows.

But good to know that you can actually get sharp shadows from textures that include alpha using an expert compile. :thumbup:

?????????????????????????????TWP Releases | My Workshop
Brainstone wrote:
I suppose your problem was that -textureshadows was not run in normal compile mode.

This is working on models only! https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/VRAD#Effects

josepezdj wrote:
I'm glad to hear that, because I was running out of ideas and about to suggest you to burn you computer and watch the fire shadows on the wall of you bedroom! :lol: Looking forward to see a picture when the room is finished! :thumbup:

ahahahahaha

:hi5:

josepezdj wrote:

:lol:

Here it is :

portal2 2012-06-21 22-25-05-17.jpg

Much better like this !

And now if you still haven't tried yet, pleeeease take 1 hour to test my map named Companion, fifth version. I'll be glad to see a video of your blindrun, and i would love to get other feedbacks (and rates !)
The grate and its shadow are in the map :thumbup:

That looks grate! lol

I'll give it a look this evening to your map. :thumbup:

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next