Please or Register to create posts and topics.

[RELEASE] Small pack of new voices.

Page 1 of 2Next

Hey,
I made using speech synthesizer 4 new woman-computer-like voices.

I hope you enjoy them and you can use them freely in your maps (just give me a lil' credit that's all :) ).

If you need any new texts like this, send me on mail your propositions.

2 voices are "Welcome bla bla bla bla" and two are like "Good job bla bla bla bla". In future I will make bigger packs. One thing that I have to do is to write down sentences.

All files are in .wav, mono, 8bit, 16kHz.

dload.php?action=file&file_id=51

Nice, but in the end I may be wanting my own phrases, and so I'm not sure I'd use it. Thats my biggest concern.

Just curious; what software are you using to do it? I may want to get something for this someday, and could use some suggestions on software that makes generating a computer voice fairly easy to do. . .

I am using Text-to-Speech Maker.

I could make voices for ya if you want :).

If I remember the commentary correctly, GLaDOS' voice was sort of a combination of text-to-speech and the actress trying to mimic the same text-to-speech over it, but with a sarcastic flavour. So using the text-to-speech program is definitely the right way to go :)

Companion Cube Chronicles WIP:
Story: 22.22222% Design: 33.33333%
Levels: 4.44444% Cake: 0.00000%
Voices: 0.0^3% in base 4
New models & Textures: ((e^28/pi*7)/0 - 42)%
Grief counseling: 111.11111%
Wroth wrote:
If I remember the commentary correctly, GLaDOS' voice was sort of a combination of text-to-speech and the actress trying to mimic the same text-to-speech over it, but with a sarcastic flavour. So using the text-to-speech program is definitely the right way to go :)

They said that they only used it as a starting ponint, the actress mimiced it as you said, and the final sound they added the computernyness to was just her own voice.

ah ok :) Still, without knowing exactly what they used to add the computeryness to it, it's a good start.

edit;Off topic, but it's a shame that signatures (blatantly copied off nullsoldier's) don't apply to previously posted comments. Does that mean, when it's updated, there maybe previous posts with the old percentages in the sig? :?

Companion Cube Chronicles WIP:
Story: 22.22222% Design: 33.33333%
Levels: 4.44444% Cake: 0.00000%
Voices: 0.0^3% in base 4
New models & Textures: ((e^28/pi*7)/0 - 42)%
Grief counseling: 111.11111%
Wroth wrote:
Off topic, but it's a shame that signatures (blatantly copied off nullsoldier's) don't apply to previously posted comments. Does that mean, when it's updated, there maybe previous posts with the old percentages in the sig? :?

No, signature changes apply to all posts. You would need to go back and edit any post of yours that doesn't have the "attach signature" option though.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

Speaking of GLaDOS's voices, anyone know where I can find her voice files? The Portal sound file (extracted with GCFScape) doesn't seem to have anything in it. :/

they are in the portal english.gcf

Cool, thanks. :D

Page 1 of 2Next