Please or Register to create posts and topics.

[RELEASE]Portal: The Flash Version mappack

Page 1 of 17Next

Based on the Portal: The Flash Version (http://portal.wecreatestuff.com/)
This Mappack brings all of the 40 levels plus some more originals.
The story takes place before the events of Portal and shows you the enrichment center from another perspective.
This mappack includes ALL 40 levels from the Flash version, additional bonus levels and features. All together, we've got here over three and a half hours of amazing gameplay.

Features:

- Based on Portal:TFV
- More than 40 test chambers.
- Level design similar to the original Portal style
- Level difficulty is balanced, like the original
- New gameplay elements, such as the Electric Floors, Crushers, Blue and Red frizzles from the Flash version
- Isn't a test chamber after a test chamber, much more than that.
- Awesome storyline that connects to the Portal and the Half life 2 story
- Epic moments.
- Boss battle.
- Epic ending.
- The longest custom map so far, at least as far as I'm aware.

*More info in the readme.txt

Download here: http://portalmaps.wecreatestuff.com/
And from the download database: http://forums.thinking.withportals.com/dload.php?action=file&file_id=213

I would like to say Thanks especially to this community you've helped me a lot.

Have fun.

*dies*

:potd:

:cake:

i haven't played this yet. so who knows if its good or not. but IF its as good as it "seems", then.... jump up jeezuz herman krist this will be awesome!

Edit: omg taco gave it a thumbs up? man i can't wait to finish d/l'ing this! :D

do NOT click this

That was pretty awesome; well done.

It took my just under 2.5 hours to complete from start to finish.

The puzzles progressed logically with a god level of difficulty without every becoming frustrating. The new gameplay elements also worked well.

The visuals were polished, with only a couple areas being overly bright or overly dark.

There were a few things that bugged me though, or didn't play out how I would have expected:

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

There were a few other small issues, but nothing overly important.

Once again, very well done - it's not just a map, it's an experience.

Taco wrote:
The puzzles progressed logically with a god level of difficulty without every becoming frustrating. The new game play elements also worked well.

The visuals were polished, with only a couple areas being overly bright or overly dark.

I agree with taco on the problems in the map pack ("Map Pack" is an understatement, almost an alternate storyline). There was also one point where a door unlocked after you pushed a button that logicly wouldn't have unlocked it

Spoiler

The final ending was very, very well done, very rare that you get an adrenalin rush in portal :)

Spoiler

overall I give it a 11 out of 10, while it had some minor errors around they were hardly comparable to the errors in many other maps, and the creativity, length, innovations and flow more than confiscate

in the beginning the door isn't opening and i don't have a portal gun. what do i do?

That was great. Took me a while. Amazing job with the boss, and the GLaDOS voices were great. The last test chamber was just confusing, and I didn't really enjoy that, but everything else was really fun. I loved the room with all the

Spoiler
. A couple of points where it was hard to determine what buttons did, but that was minor.

Oh holy hell, I cant believe someone did this

TIME TO DOWNLOAD, thanks

Thanks guys :D
I know there are some problems in a few spots but even after a lot of beta testing there will always be problems, especially in a big map like this (See portalmap.JPG in the zip file to see the size of the map 8))
Browen have you waited for GLaDOS to finish speaking? you'll get the Portal gun after she's done.
I will respond to everything you guys said specifically tomorrow.

Sleep mode activated.

wow I downloaded that over 2 hours ago and I just finished. That was so awesome.

Page 1 of 17Next