Please or Register to create posts and topics.

[RELEASE] Pestchamber 22 (remake)

Page 1 of 2Next

Hi guys!

Warning: Please play my previous map in order to know how to use the chemicals mechanic. Play it here. if you don't feel like downloading it, simply place the chemicals in the poison water and swim. The chemicals looks like the water bottle.
i made a new map. The first part of it is made a long time ago, and some day i got bored and decided to get the map done, which i've been spending the last couple of days doing. Now i think it's finnally done and as i don't feel like reuploading the zip file i'll upload the map as a file if i fix any bugs. (And tell you :p)

Screenies:
[img]http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/6444/hl22009040617392277.png[/img]

[img]http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/1214/hl22009040617393697.png[/img]

[img]http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/3985/hl22009040617394426.png[/img]

[img]http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/9714/hl22009040617394964.png[/img]

[img]http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/8834/hl22009040617395712.png[/img]

Hope you like it. It contains custom GLaDOS sounds thanks to hen7 and koolfox. The puzzles may not be hard, and you may not like it, i don't care, but i had fun making it.

Download: http://forums.thinking.withportals.com/dload.php?action=file&file_id=326

I guess the ending would only be understood by players who have completed portal (everyone?) but if you don't get it:

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

Nice map. Did you work in the re-visiting of the first area after the rest was done, as you said? If so, that's pretty cool.

It wasn't difficult for me at all, but it helps if you know the mechanism with

Spoiler
that you used in your previous map.

Design-wise it looks OK; personally I think it could use some spit & polish, but that's just me. :)

The GLaDOS voices are cool also. Finally there's an opportunity to use some original dialogue instead of recycling the built-in lines over and over again. Only I have the impression that it loops at the end when it's

Spoiler
. :D

Sendificate series: Sendificate | A Beam Too Far | Airtime | 302
Other Portal 2 maps: Medusa Glare
Portal 1 maps: Try Anything Twice | Manic Mechanic
HMW wrote:
Nice map. Did you work in the re-visiting of the first area after the rest was done, as you said? If so, that's pretty cool.

It wasn't difficult for me at all, but it helps if you know the mechanism with

Spoiler
that you used in your previous map.

Design-wise it looks OK; personally I think it could use some spit & polish, but that's just me. :)

The GLaDOS voices are cool also. Finally there's an opportunity to use some original dialogue instead of recycling the built-in lines over and over again. Only I have the impression that it loops at the end when it's

Spoiler
. :D

Thanks alot!
Well, yes, the revisiting was made about when i said it in hen7's thread. originally this map was tottally different:

Spoiler

edited above cause i misunderstood your question ^^^^^^

Yeah forgot to warn about you having to play my previous map. But using the chemicals again is a good thing, this way people will HAVE to go play my old map :3

I think there's too many half blocks and stuff but i was to lazy to fix it. Sorry.

Yes it does loop in the end. I actually asked how to make a loop in a thread somewhere, and hen7 and (or) koolfox answered. Now you know what it was for :3

Thanks for playing :D

Just finished playing it.
It was fun, again, the puzzles were easy to understand and solve.
I noticed something weird: when going back "with the keycard", the grating under the piston was not suddendly there :shock: :wink:
Design-wise it was okay, but it would need a LOT of work to get it polished. Like it has been already said: misaligned textures, overbright places, lights coming out of nowhere,... that sort of stuff.
I enjoyed the Glados voices but sometimes one cannot understand what is she saying (probably it is too fast).
oookay, that would be all for now, have a nice day :wink:

Test Chamber 74:
(percentage calculation sphere self-test failed!)
108.1% done, -8.1% remaining...
Released here!

All maps for Portal (1/2) worth playing are mirrored here.
Mek wrote:
Just finished playing it.
It was fun, again, the puzzles were easy to understand and solve.
I noticed something weird: when going back "with the keycard", the grating under the piston was not suddendly there :shock: :wink:
Design-wise it was okay, but it would need a LOT of work to get it polished. Like it has been already said: misaligned textures, overbright places, lights coming out of nowhere,... that sort of stuff.
I enjoyed the Glados voices but sometimes one cannot understand what is she saying (probably it is too fast).
oookay, that would be all for now, have a nice day :wink:

Thanks. The grate is supposed to get removed as players can make themself easily stuck there, so it removes as you gain the card. Have a nice day too :P

I enjoyed playing this map. The design was pretty good and the puzzles were thought out fairly well. I played Nevada awhile back so I was familiar with

Spoiler

Do you have plans for another map?

:wink:

One thing that you probably should change in this map: Glados swearing. Seriously, it makes her sound more human, and it takes the game away from the portal story too much. Even when you were killing Glados she acted logically and reasonably and did not swear. Also there are people that get offended by swear words, especially when they are not expecting them.

hanging_rope wrote:
One thing that you probably should change in this map: Glados swearing. Seriously, it makes her sound more human, and it takes the game away from the portal story too much. Even when you were killing Glados she acted logically and reasonably and did not swear. Also there are people that get offended by swear words, especially when they are not expecting them.

I thought the same thing, computers don't swear people do.

Not if the people designed them to do it. I mostly did it because now that i had the chance to make my own GLaDOS voice, i wanted to make it different.

jrlauer wrote:
Do you have plans for another map?

I had, but the stupid game wouldn't spawn my cube so i gave up.

pestchamber wrote:
Not if the people designed them to do it. I mostly did it because now that i had the chance to make my own GLaDOS voice, i wanted to make it different.

True, but it just didn't seem to fit very well into the game. I'll give you an A for effort though.

Page 1 of 2Next