Please or Register to create posts and topics.

[RELEASE] MiniPuzzles - Cubelogy

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next

Ok I'll try to make time challenge later, and yeah there is portal bumpers, but they don't work, I don't know why...

and for those who want help for gold challenge read hint below:

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

penapappa wrote:
Spoiler

I did that normally, cause I did not know how to hold down both buttons.

:A Little Higher: :Tornate: :Blue Portals: :Vectronic: :Youtube: :Twitter: : ModDB: :Old Sig:

The more you give, the less appreciated it will be received.

watch infernet's speedrun it is right way for normal map

Great map. This one made you think. I managed to

Spoiler
I don't know if that's how it was supposed to be solved, but it worked for me.

:wink:
jrlauer wrote:
Spoiler

Yeah, it is the trick, but you didn't have to

Spoiler

Test Chamber 74:
(percentage calculation sphere self-test failed!)
108.1% done, -8.1% remaining...
Released here!

All maps for Portal (1/2) worth playing are mirrored here.

Yes that what Mek did is the way that I thought it. I surprised that there is so many ways to to that puzzle, but I think that it's a good think :)

I just thought it trough, I think I can manage it with 6 portals.

Be advised that any noticable taste of blood isn't part of any test protocol. But is an unintended side effect of the Hand-Held-High-Energy-Pellet.

Wtf lol this must be the strangest solution ever. I managed the Golden least Portals! :P Really something u need to think trough quite alot.

Be advised that any noticable taste of blood isn't part of any test protocol. But is an unintended side effect of the Hand-Held-High-Energy-Pellet.

Congrats!

Great job on this one. Really made me think. Not sure why you can't put portals on the angled concrete walls, that's kind of odd. The portal bumper thing annoyed me, but it's my pet peeve in Portal maps. If the bumbers aren't working try making them a func_non_portal_volume, it's worked for me in the past. I did kind of miss GLaDOS making some kind of remark when the camera falls. Funny we miss that but none of the other overused quotes.

One very small suggestion and I admit this is getting picky but you may want to start using "mitered" edges. I'll try to explain what I mean. When making a window frame (for example) instead of just putting your vertical brushes on top of your horizontal ones, make all the corners at 45 degree angles. Use the Vertex tool to do this. When you apply the textures they will blend and look smoother. Here's a sample, the one on the right is mitered:

Image[img]http://img517.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif[/img]

Again, I know this is very picky but take it as a compliment that this is the only visual suggestion I could come up with.

Other than that great map, good looking, fun to play. Keep up the good work.

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next