Please or Register to create posts and topics.

[RELEASE] LoveGLaDOS

Page 1 of 3Next

LoveGLaDOS
by Graxthal

(Full title: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love GLaDOS)

Description
LoveGLaDOS follows the Portal campaign levels' visual style and gameplay relatively closely. It is about as difficult as the Advanced Maps.

Download
dload.php?action=file&file_id=149
or
http://students.guildhall.smu.edu/c7/26 ... glados.zip

Screenshots
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

Additional Notes
Feel free to post recorded demos or youtube videos of your run-throughs (both first-runs and speed-runs are very informative). All feedback is appreciated.

Well, I just played through this map, and I have to say, it's kickass.

You certainly put a lot of thought into this. I especially loved the "crushers" near the end, and how you incorperated the rocket turret into the level was genius.

Only problems I noticed were (lol) backwards indicator lights everywhere, where the orange checkmark was mirrored. Not a big deal, but random and kind of demeaning nonetheless.

good job with this. I look forward to more from you.

Most impressive. I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Nicely done, Graxthal.

I really enjoyed the visual style, pacing and use of vertical space in this test chamber.

I found the difficulty to be very close to what you were selling it to be, "about as difficult as the Advanced Maps" - if not a bit easier, but enjoyable nonetheless.

The only "issue" I ran into was in the very first room. If you fire a portal onto the middle of the wall right above the three fizzlers, the portal will be pushed to one side - my guess is you have a stray portal bumper there.

As for improvements, I felt that all the "red pit flooring" would have benefited greatly from pipes and wiring - in their current state they feel unfinished.

Once again, great map - I look forward to your future releases.

taco

Did it. Very good. But you forgot to make all the glass destroyable by rockets. Examples:

Put some nice stuff behind that glass :)

Excellent map, I like it very much.
I uploaded my least portals strategy, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEnZW8VWZa8

Thanks all for the feedback thus far. I'm taking notes on everything. ^_^

Jaso, I watched your Least Portals run and laughed pretty hard.

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.
Good stuff, I love it.

that is one of my favorite user created map i have played. thanks for making it :D

I like it, very well made and forgiving with several solutions for the obstacles wich I really like since it gives more "freedom". It's a bit on the easy side but like someone else said "I'm a sucker for impossible stuff"

Just played is again and noticed something that I somehow missed the first time through: you either don't have, or didn't correct build cubemaps.

I can only imagine how much better the map would look with them in place.

Also, right when you start the map, if you look up at the recessed lighting and walk directly forward to where you enter the first room, there are two small nodraw faces visible in the lighting.

Page 1 of 3Next