Please or Register to create posts and topics.

[RELEASE] Cube (my first map)

Page 1 of 2Next

Its not pretty. Its quite small. And its simple as 'owt. But I reckon its a good start to mapping.

It contains all the basic puzzles and a few more complex ones.

Next task is to tackle the button and door ;P

Database link

Constructive criticism welcome.

Must be off, I need to re register my paged pool memory.

Add some screenshots and i'll move it to the Community Release forum.

Mapster wrote:
Add some screenshots and i'll move it to the Community Release forum.

5 Mins, i'll have to reboot computer, the pesky paged pool memory never seems to stick.

Edit: done

in looking just at the screen shot, things to note, texture alignment and fullbright, you might have a leak in the map

not too bad, the textures are a little repeated, and lights definatly wouldnt go amiss. havign the cake sign at the end was a nice idea.

Wasn't really too difficult.

Not really cube themed, and having more than one WCC kinda defeats the object of a companion cube you should use normal cubes instead. You Just an idea, but perhaps you should also add a box dopper spitting out loads of boxes really quickly, as though it's broken.

Way way too many companion cubes in that one. But overall, I enjoyed it.

I think I skipped the second fling entirely the first time I played. You might want to raise the walls so they touch the ceiling.

It was kind of cool that the

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

youme wrote:
not too bad, the textures are a little repeated, and lights definatly wouldnt go amiss. havign the cake sign at the end was a nice idea.

Wasn't really too difficult.

Not really cube themed, and having more than one WCC kinda defeats the object of a companion cube you should use normal cubes instead. You Just an idea, but perhaps you should also add a box dopper spitting out loads of boxes really quickly, as though it's broken.

Any excuse to spawn companion cubes =]

I think I may have cheated.

Spoiler
Cause that's what I did, and I feel I may have not been supposed to.

JunkInThetrunk wrote:
I think I may have cheated.
Spoiler
Cause that's what I did, and I feel I may have not been supposed to.

Thats the beauty of it, multiple solutions. =P

Alright, I was just making sure you thought about that, cause honestly it felt less like a solution and more like I wasn't supposed to be doing that. I'd suggest maybe

Spoiler
. Just a thought... other than that I really enjoyed it though and it is a ton better than most "first maps" I've played on other sites. =) well done.

Page 1 of 2Next