Please or Register to create posts and topics.

[RELEASE] Alpha Chamber 1

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next

looks fun. I'm going to procrastinate from my first efforts at hammer to get right in there and play :-)

of course running hammer is procrastination from doing my laundry.

that means you're responsible for at least 2nd order procrastination here.

--

The cake is a PI

--

Add me on STEAM: iamafractal
I'm up for coop games & beta testing your maps...

--

Look and feel were great, and its a nice change to play Portal without much. . . portalling. :) Not something I want to do all the time. .but a nice change. The puzzles were simple, but that still makes this a good introductory map. I was very glad to get the gun eventually; too bad I have to wait for your next one to use it. :)

Thanks a lot for giving it a playthrough, and for all the great feedback. Before I begin making the second map, I will most likely change & tweak this first one based on the feedback I got. Here's a rundown on what I plan on changing for this map:

- Fix confusing indicator lights in metal Portalgun room.
- More choices in puzzle solutions (most notibly: the very first puzzle and the one stated below.)
- Re-work upside-down button room to eliminate unneeded button that raises stairs.
- General difficulty increase for all puzzles (except ball catcher puzzle).
- Decrease/eliminate sparks/unnessessary attention grabbers.
- Fix bug where player is unable to be killed when Portalgun platform falls on them.

Other Notes:

Leck: The green elevator may just be your computer. I have never experience that, nor has anyone I gave the early versions of this map to. The glass and the water fog problem, though, is a problem within the game itself. It can be seen in some official Portal maps. I'm not sure how to fix that, though.

Talgoran: I'll definatley cut down the use of buttons. The only hand-pressed buttons i'll keep are the three that control the ball catcher puzzle. As for the big buttons, they most likely remain. Well, they kinda have to if I want to continue with how the current setup works. :)

MrTwoVideoCards: Scary coincidence! It's a cool idea though, and i'm glad i'm not the only one who thought of that!

infernet89: Nice speedrun! Hopefully my second map will have much tougher puzzles to make for some tougher times.

Lorithad: Yeah, some people will find the lack of the Portalgun in a "Portal" map a bit off-putting. Once I get the second map done, then you can play it like I really wanted: One map involving no-portal puzzles, one map with. Also, your idea for all the buttons to be in that room is very interesting, but i've had troubles with setting something up like that. (That was actually my original idea, but I couldn't get it to work properly.)

Again, thaks a lot you guys. This is really going to help make my second map even better!

I've risen to a new low!

Well I finished it. it was a very nice easy map. the ball catcher puzzle was fun. i can see that potentially becoming far more complicated.

the room that you are in at the beginning of the game is i believe called the relaxation chamber, btw.

--

The cake is a PI

--

Add me on STEAM: iamafractal
I'm up for coop games & beta testing your maps...

--

Yeah, but that's not the area I was talking about. Just some random unknown place.

I've risen to a new low!

Yeah that Ball catcher stuff is always hard to do. Mainly you cant have the brush parented towards two Func_rotates.

Currently working on Darksiders 3.

just founded a little bug

if y stay under the...uhm... thing with the portal gun when it crashes
[img]http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/3873/alphachmb10002xq1.th.jpg[/img]
u don't die and just stuck here

I usually demorec the blind ride of every map i try, if you want it send me a private message.
(I'll stop recording if i die.)

It's a very well made map, but it's very strange that you don't actually USE the portal gun at all in it. Made me sad. I was like "yaay gun!" "wait screen's fading!".

infernet: Really? Every time I tested that, I always died. Hmm. Anyone able to re-create that little problem?

I've risen to a new low!

Just tried it. Confirmed, you do not die.

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next