Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Regarding spam bots

PreviousPage 7 of 8Next

I think it could be an useful feature to be able to report users themselves, not only their spamming posts...

ImageImageImageImageImageuseful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup:
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]
josepezdj wrote:
I think it could be an useful feature to be able to report users themselves, not only their spamming posts...

Good Idea! :thumbup:

I think we need a limit on posts. For example, a user can only post 2 Topics an hour or somthing like that. I know it could be annoying for people who like to post often. But maybe you could limit reply's to posts to 3 An hour. And new topics 2 An hour. :)

I am currently working on a Portal 2 Map series 'Testing for life'

Check out my Steam Workshop Here

That actually doesn't seem like a bad idea. Honestly I post like 0.1 times a day, so no problem there. I only think it could come in bad if you haven't been on in a while and you check the new posts to see a bunch of threads you want to slap replies on.

When life gives you lemons, make apple juice and have everyone wonder how you did it.
Musical website Moddb

Isn't possible to put a Captcha system to confirm the login, or to confirm a post ?, wouldn't be more effective :-? ?

Level designer, 3D modeler, texture artist ,environment artist.

Will account registration ever open back up?

I am currently working on a Portal 2 Map series 'Testing for life'

Check out my Steam Workshop Here

Registration is back up!

Glad I found this thread- I was wondering why I was not allowed to sign up for so long!!!

Denominator wrote:
Lol. True, it is pretty weird =)

But yeah, normal Captchas should do the trick

The new captcha buttons should also work :)

Don't you dare plug that idiot into my mainframe...
quaternary wrote:
tile wrote:
second pragraph: what about all the real users who post url tags here literally all the time?

You're right - and on the forum where I stole this idea from, that's an issue. The trick is to set the number of posts really low, like five posts or so. Most spammers sign up, post once, and go away forever. It's just a minor annoyance for anyone else, because they can just post four more times.

I saw one on another forum that posted 3 or 4 before leaving. 5 is a safe number.

Don't you dare plug that idiot into my mainframe...

Stiiil happening bois =|, still happening.

Level designer, 3D modeler, texture artist ,environment artist.
PreviousPage 7 of 8Next