Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Random Map Generator

PreviousPage 7 of 7

Alright, looks like a major unintended solution was overlooked by the program in my map <Deleted map>

The standard cube can be placed across the laser grid, from room 3 to room 7, and then simply retrieved from the other side. This makes the button that disables the laser grid pointless.

Maybe I didn't understand the directions at that point?

quaternary wrote:
Alright, looks like a major unintended solution was overlooked by the program in my map http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =432693857

The standard cube can be placed across the laser grid, from room 3 to room 7, and then simply retrieved from the other side. This makes the button that disables the laser grid pointless.

Maybe I didn't understand the directions at that point?

I see that the map has this major flaw, but it looks like you built it correctly according to the specification. I taught the program to treat laser fields correctly and that you can push cubes through it. Can you send me the text that the program generated, so that I can have a look into it?

Edit: I found your text file. I will have a look.

Edit: The program has a problem with interpreting the laser field. I continue investigating.

Edit: Indeed, throwing cubes where you cannot walk has a bug. It was very easy to fix. I basically just switched to lines in the code. Sorry about that. I replaced the old version with the fixed version.

Netherskate wrote:
This gives me the impression that Room 2 is above Room 3, and you'd be unable to jump down into Room 3 unless you deactivated the laser field.

You can add additional staircases and elevators if the heights do not match. The programs does not check if there exists a nice 3d layout, but with additional elevators and bumpers it should always be possible to make it work.

Netherskate wrote:
I feel like I may be wrong about the whole thing?

No, you are not wrong. The GraphViz layout is just a first approximation of what the map could look like.

Netherskate wrote:
as for the fizzler I am unsure as to where exactly I would put it, beyond either somewhere in the hallway or have two fizzlers on both ends...

That is actually up to you because it does not influence the map's logic.

Netherskate wrote:
from 2 to 6: a high cliff that one can jump down but not climb up or throw cubes up

This is a high cliff. You can see from one room into the other, but not in the other direction.

Netherskate wrote:
from 6 to 7: a grating on top of a high cliff so that one can only see in one direction
from 7 to 0: a grating on top of a high cliff so that one can only see in one direction

The same, but sealed with grating, so that you only can shoot portals in one direction and do nothing else. You cannot walk from one room to another here.

In general: If two things have the same logic, then you can either one. The map should look nice in the end, so choose the option you like best.

quaternary wrote:
Alright, looks like a major unintended solution was overlooked by the program in my map http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =432693857

The program has a bug in handling connections that could not be walked, but where you could throw cubes through. It has been fixed and the old version has been replaced by a new one.

I am very sorry for the inconveniences. If your map has a laser field, then this might affect you.

PreviousPage 7 of 7