Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Rainbow's Competition Entry

PreviousPage 2 of 2

I spent far, far too much time trying to figure out the last room just because I didn't realize the surface just beneath the laser was portalable. Like 20 minutes at least. I'm glad I gave up and checked this thread!

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

omfg ...i was thinking it is a new map and starting the map.
Then (during play) I was sure that I already knew. *facepalm*

Why did you push so old topics and buggy unfinished maps?! -_-

Visit me on ? youtube ?

Hi Rainbow,
Too bad you didn't come back to this topic. It is your map after all. This is constructive criticism(I think).
From my point of view is a nice map. I like the maps that are "clean" and non-apocalyptic. But still, has some downsides, the ones mentioned above.
For the final part I used the same solution as ormolu. I don't know if this was the intended one.
Maybe you will tell us. Good luck!

My view about Custom maps: I can't truly realize how much hard work you have put into making one. For that alone (finishing a map) you should be proud. So don't take to hard any negative comments that I or others leave about your map and take it like constructive criticism.
PS. Personally I don't like "athletic maps" were when you don't make it you die or you lose a lot of time. But that's just me.

also i was able to get through the emancipation grill with the companion cube after hurling across the big gap with the gels.... amd I also had hard time with faith plate launching me into the door. if you crouch, you land on top of the door, but if you stand, you hit the ceiling. I was able to nail it somehow by crouching in mid-air, but I'm guessing that is not your intended result. Otherwise I did like the map, well done.

Cool map, nothing hard, yet it took me some effort to figure out the final puzzle. Feels so good when solved. :thumbup:

Rainbow's Competition Entry Portal 2 Custom Map

d1Lsq0Jf0Z0

I'm playing custom maps and record my first time of playing them. So the run is not perfect and may not use only intended ways, but maybe it can let you see how other people may understand the map or you could just enjoy someone playing this map for entertainment.
Anyways, here is the recording:

EWWAKSleatM
(Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWWAKSleatM)

Also note the video description for more feedback and my signature for additional project information.

Good map. I liked the first puzzle more. I had to watch a walkthrough for the second one because I missed crucial details:
- that the floor below laser emitter is portalable
- that you can stand in front of exit door without falling

Other than that, it was great :thumbup:

Test Chamber 74:
(percentage calculation sphere self-test failed!)
108.1% done, -8.1% remaining...
Released here!

All maps for Portal (1/2) worth playing are mirrored here.

Hi. I know this is late to the party, but I decided to do a blind run and record my results. I'm trying to go through all maps from now on with fraps recording for everyone. This is my first time testing out recording software so forgive me for 720p quality, the new ones are better. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LATUDrkC9rU&feature=youtu.be

PreviousPage 2 of 2