Please or Register to create posts and topics.

"Skate Park" map idea

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next

Is that a digital sketch?

Life is like a pipe, it's hard to get through and you're not always guaranteed a happy ending.

Grudge wrote:
Is that a digital sketch?

Yeah, I have a Wacom tablet.

Guitar wrote:
Yeah, I have a Wacom tablet.

It's beautiful ;D

Life is like a pipe, it's hard to get through and you're not always guaranteed a happy ending.

Woah, I didn't think the idea was cool until I saw your sketch. Now I want to play it. Just looks like a fun place to mess around. :D

Portal Maps and Mods - browse, rate, play

Guitar gets it! That's exactly the idea. Lots of interesting stuff to go over/around/through/whatever, but just to challenge yourself to pull off more complicated maneuvers, not as a path through a puzzle chamber from beginning to end.

The thing is, with most maps once you've "solved" it, you're probably not going to play it again. A good portal park, on the other hand, could keep you entertained for hours if it had enough widgets & cool terrain.

It's the difference between an obstacle course and a playground. On the obstacle course, you step through the tires on the ground and climb the rope net and cross a ditch hand-over-hand on a horizontal ladder. But you could take those same elements and arrange them differently to create a playground, where you can go play on the monkey bars, or go swing on the swing, whatever you feel like doing at the moment.

Cr00ked.

I think this could be an awesome map with the slow motion mod. :)

w00t! I'm happy someone else has the same type of idea as me.

So, has anyone tried to make said maptype? I was going to start on one for personal use lately, but I haven't had the time. :cry:

B'YAW

Im going to try to make one when the SDK comes out.

that's "if" the sdk comes out... I've given up hope :cry:

[insert visually obtrusive graphic or witty comment here]

Yeah really. I love Valve and all, but they really should have planned ahead better. They release this totally brilliant game that's 3 hours long and they don't have the SDK waiting in the wings?

Edit: Crytek included their map editor in the demo for Crysis, for Christ's sake. :)

Cr00ked.
PreviousPage 2 of 3Next