Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Puzzle Maker Bugs

...or at least I think they are bugs. Here's a test chamber that shows the problems I found in it:

http://www.steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails?id=72496037

Click my Steam Profile image to view my Portal 2 Workshop!

Single Player Tests - Excellent Partnership (Coop) - Single Player BEE Mod Tests

As chicken said in your workshop/steam thread, grates are buggy and I don't know why Valve didn't take some MINUTES to solve that.

I have many grates in my mod as I'm developing some puzzles around that element which I consider a good puzzle element with great potential... The best solution is as followed (in hammer ofc):

- Make a nodraw textured brush 1 unit thick, texture front and back sides only with the grate texture, and tie it to a func_brush / with solidity set to "never solid"
- Make another brush 1 unit thick textured with the trigger texture (same size than above one) and tie it to a func_clip_vphysics; place it right in front of the first brush (it's recommendable to leave 1 unit thick space inbetween both).
- Make a player_clip textured brush 1 unit thick and same size as above 2 brushes (to avoid the player can pass through) and place it right in front of the other 2 brushes (again, it's recommendable to leave 1 unit thick space inbetween both).

This will avoid that bug.

Important: this grate will not behave exactly the same as usual ones in this way: this one WILL ALLOW the funnel to go through while the "normal" grate stops it! please be noted.

ImageImageImageImageImageuseful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup:
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]
josepezdj wrote:
As chicken said in your workshop/steam thread, grates are buggy and I don't know why Valve didn't take some MINUTES to solve that.

I think a similar bug can be found but using the Hard Light Bridge instead. Not only does the cube go through, you can go through as well!

Click my Steam Profile image to view my Portal 2 Workshop!

Single Player Tests - Excellent Partnership (Coop) - Single Player BEE Mod Tests