Please or Register to create posts and topics.

PTI element: Vertical doors, Portal1-style doors

I edited Ben's popular door element, and added two more door options into it:

The vertical door, seen in the BTS scenes throughout the single player campaign, and the Portal 1 style door, which unfortunately lacks some color details, and it still uses Portal 2 door sounds, because I couldn't find the Portal 1 versions in Portal 2 sounds.

Click to zoom.
(The Portal 1 wall texture was added in between of those doors to illustrate it fitting that style; it is not part of the door.)

Download it here: http://bisqwit.iki.fi/kala/ptal2/doors.zip
The two new door types are simply added as ButtonType selections into Ben's existing door.

All the three different doors use the same icons in the editor...

I found the Portal 1 sounds before. Just look up door in the sound browser. Also, the BTS door is bigger than 128 units.

yishbarr wrote:
...the BTS door is bigger than 128 units.

In essence, it is, and looks better with holes cut into the walls around it, but it pretty much works as a 128x128 door.

Also, you should probably upload this to the 'Other Files' database, which automatically creates a thread and everything for it: downloads.php?cat=9

ImageImage
yishbarr wrote:
I found the Portal 1 sounds before. Just look up door in the sound browser. Also, the BTS door is bigger than 128 units.

I did look up, but I did not find. Guess I was wrong, and will have to do that again.
Yes, the door is bigger than 128 units, but since you will probably put walls around the door anyway, it does not matter. There is a slight cosmetic error as the walls on the side of the door appear through the mechanisms of the door, but most people won't notice it unless they are particularly looking for such errors :-)
Not sure how to cut holes in those walls...

srs bsnss wrote:
Also, you should probably upload this to the 'Other Files' database, which automatically creates a thread and everything for it: downloads.php?cat=9

Please do that :)

I can't add embedfaces for the sides of the vertical door, or I would also get them for the two other types of doors... Which may not be desirable.
Anyway, I found the Portal 1 type door sound, so there's that. Thanks yishbarr.

Uploaded here: PTI element: Vertical doors, Portal1-style doors

cheers; I saw you uploaded it to the appropriate section so I'll lock this thread :)