Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Portal Gun Pedestal Instance

PreviousPage 2 of 2
chimera201 wrote:
I don't know how to send an output from an instance

Menu->Instancing->Collapse->Selection

?????????????????????????????TWP Releases | My Workshop

Great instance, works awesome... but I was wondering if there would be a way to make this gun, shoot portals like in portal 1?

Also, I made a map just for you! Sunset
Click Here to view my Workshop and play my puzzlemaker maps
BenVlodgi wrote:
Great instance, works awesome... but I was wondering if there would be a way to make this gun, shoot portals like in portal 1?

This would require extra entities etc. What they did was made the middle pedestal attached to a func_door which was fired with a logic timer, and then made the gun fire using an output.

I can easily make this for you and will upload it in my post when I'm done.

EDIT: Here

portalgun_pedestal2.vmf

Make sure to enable the timer to move it and/or edit the instance and put a logic_auto make it move automatically. For some reason the portalgun doesn't seem to make that charging sound like in Portal 1 when using the chargeportal output, if you want that, you will need to replicate it using spritse/particles and use a custom sound.

chickenmobile wrote:
BenVlodgi wrote:

This would require extra entities etc. What they did was made the middle pedestal attached to a func_door which was fired with a logic timer, and then made the gun fire using an output.

I can easily make this for you and will upload it in my post when I'm done.

EDIT: Here

portalgun_pedestal2.vmf

Make sure to enable the timer to move it and/or edit the instance and put a logic_auto make it move automatically. For some reason the portalgun doesn't seem to make that charging sound like in Portal 1 when using the chargeportal output, if you want that, you will need to replicate it using spritse/particles and use a custom sound.

Sweet Thanks, works great! Although right now after you pickup the gun the stand wont go back doen...you should add this output to the portal gun... then it will work.
OnPlayerPickup
portal_pedestal
SetParent
portal_lift

Edit: Also the lift wont lift if initially down due to the newest update

I thought I did get it working (i.e. it moves down when you pick it up). --VERIFY-- This does work just downloaded the attachment to test.

For it not raising: I must have accidentally changed the output in the proxy io. OpenAndLift should be 'Trigger' not 'enable'. Change this and it should work, although the handles will open when it is fully open.

P.S. You know you can 'SaveAs' the instance and make the changes you want to. This instance doesn't have to do every possible thing -.-

chickenmobile wrote:
I thought I did get it working (i.e. it moves down when you pick it up). --VERIFY-- This does work just downloaded the attachment to test.

For it not raising: I must have accidentally changed the output in the proxy io. OpenAndLift should be 'Trigger' not 'enable'. Change this and it should work, although the handles will open when it is fully open.

P.S. You know you can 'SaveAs' the instance and make the changes you want to. This instance doesn't have to do every possible thing -.-

you haven't updated the original file.... but I did download the latest one... and if I have StartUp 0, then I cant get it to come up.... at it just spins in the hole.... although it doesn't matter too much to me. I already have it doing what I need

PreviousPage 2 of 2