Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Portal Effect from Teaser Trailer

Page 1 of 3Next

I was wondering if there was somewhere I could download the Portal Effect as seen in the Teaser Trailer. If there is nowhere to download it, could somebody make it? Here is a picture and a link to the Trailer on YouTube.

Watch the Teaser Trailer

Well, the current Portal effect is easier to spot at a distance... but I must say I really liked the 'burned-in' effect of the old portals.

"Duct Tape is the answer."

I personally liked this effect more (the bottom one):

i liked the one in the trailer, it looked more like it was a "tear in the dimensional fabric" instead of a "perfect hole in said dimensional fabric"

http://thespaceturkey.wordpress.com/
The following statement is false
The preceding statement is true

i like what we got. cuz its all i've known, and didn't really watch the "effects" on the trailer. i was just to mezmerized by all the flying and flinging and shit
but:

Doomsday192 wrote:
i liked the one in the trailer, it looked more like it was a "tear in the dimensional fabric" instead of a "perfect hole in said dimensional fabric"

well if you find a way to create a gun that is easily carried around and can just happen to create linked worm holes (repeatadly and quickly) in our dimension... Why WOULDN'T it be perfect? :P

do NOT click this

I like the in-game version best. The trailer one looks kind of sloppy to me, but I can see Doomsday192's point about a "tear in the dimensional fabric". The 360 one looks kind of kiddy cartoonish to me, like most XBox graphics.

bizob wrote:
The 360 one looks kind of kiddy cartoonish to me, like most XBox graphics.

especially from far off. see that orange one? ridiculous... but the upclose blue one looks kinda cool. like there is energy radiating from the portal.

do NOT click this
bizob wrote:
I like the in-game version best. The trailer one looks kind of sloppy to me, but I can see Doomsday192's point about a "tear in the dimensional fabric". The 360 one looks kind of kiddy cartoonish to me, like most XBox graphics.

I dunno, I like it better than the current one. It looks a lot smoother and more defined along with more detailed. I really wish I could get those instead of the current ones.

I guess I am requesting for a mod to be made. (well 2 mods possibly)

The Portal Effect from the Trailer, and the Portal Effect from the X-Box 360.

The one for 360 looks more like Portal Logo. I'd like to have that thing replacing the current ones.

Made Logic Portals in early 2008. Making diportals in 2011.
Author of Minecraft mods (MAtmos, Minaptics, NoteSlider) and Garry's Mod addons (Gunstrumental, SharpeYe, GarryWare, DepthHUD).
Page 1 of 3Next