Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Portal 2 Map Editor Question, can't find map after reformat

I created a map for Portal 2 about a year ago. Scenes then I have reformatted my computer and I no longer have the map saved locally. All I can do is play the map by subscribing to it. After having time away from it I see that it needs tweaking. Does anyone know how I can download the map again so I can edit it? Thanks.

You have all your subscribed maps locally saved into portal 2/portal2/maps/workshop inside a folder with a number as name :wink:

ImageImageImageImageImageuseful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup:
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]

Right on, Thanks.

So, I hate to be such a noob but, where do I put it to be able to access it in the editor? I have tried portal2>puzzles and portal2>maps>puzzlemaker. It does not show up from either of those locations. What I am seeing is that the map within the workshop folder is a BSP. file and the editable maps are P2C. files. Is there a way to convert them? Thanks again.

Never mind, I found the same thread elsewhere.

puzzle-creator/editing-downloaded-maps-with-in-game-editor-t7178.html

nerves82, you can edit posts without having to post 3 of them in a row, just look up to the right top corner and click that "EDIT" button there :wink:

I'm not sure (because I never tried) that, once you decompile the .bsp file obtaining a .vmf, you'll be able to use that .vmf file into the PTI editor, try it but after decompiling the map, you will have no longer the same file the editor uses. The editor uses puzzle elements already packed into instances with a lot of entities and settings inside, but you'll have a collapsed map file (separated entities instead of packed). Try it, but I'm afraid it won't work.

ImageImageImageImageImageuseful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup:
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]

It won't. There's no way to convert a VMF to a P2C, even if you have all the func_instances intact. There's just too much information lost when you export it.

Falsi sumus crusto!