Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Portal 2 Beta Authoring Tools Are Live!

Page 1 of 3Next

It looks like a beta version of the Portal 2 Authoring Tools (Hammer map editor, etc.) are now live on Steam!

To install them, go to your Library and select Tools, and from there you can simply install and start using them!

Release news at the official Portal 2 site

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

Duck Yeah!

Motanum's Website
Portal Maps - Motanum's Cheating Test [3 map pack and 2nd place winner]
Portal 2 Maps - Slanted Bridge | Main Four | Juggling | Wall Bridge
Aperture Tag - Collection ModDB

Like my work? Spare a coin? Donate via PayPal at eugenio.motanum91 [AT] gmail.com

Already installed mine. Finally I can map properly. :D

Oh Hammer, how I've missed you.

HELLS YEAH!
Already installed!

do NOT click this

With the release of the official mapping tools, I have gone ahead and changed the header link to the Portal 2 Mapping portal at the Valve Developer Community wiki.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

+1 on all counts.

^Click to go to my Steam Community Profile^

Awesome, I wonder if theres anything new with hammer and stuff.

Currently working on Darksiders 3.

I'm a noob at creating maps, but I want to learn. I'm already having trouble compiling the example maps. I figured I just go File > Run Map but I get an error in the Windows cmd prompt and it stops.

Looks like tools mode for Portal 2 isn't in the SDK. Thats a shame considering thats what I was looking forward to the most, guess we'll have to wait for the finalized SDK no that one.

Also I see this is your first post iKonakona, you might want to refer to the Valve Developer community for learning how to map.

Currently working on Darksiders 3.
Page 1 of 3Next