Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Portal.... Pinball?

So today (yesterday for some of you peeps) a game was announced, that being Portal Pinball. You can check it out here.
I'm not a big pinball enthusiast myself, though this game seems to use Portal's mechanics in a fashion that separates it from other pinball games, from what I've seen. Any opinions from the community here?

EDIT: Found a video

When life gives you lemons, make apple juice and have everyone wonder how you did it.
Musical website Moddb

Haha... awesome! I do like pinballs, so I'm sure I will like this :D However, it is nothing but a pinball, nothing of thinking with portals. It's funny though how as you achieve your laps, points and stuff the environment starts to change and you make Chell to open portals and go from one place to another... or that bonus area that opens at the bottom of the board with the turrets.

ImageImageImageImageImageuseful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup:
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]

Yeah, I saw the trailer several days ago. There's no prize given, but it's a mod for Pinball FX2 and as I can see Pinball FX2 is free to play now so it might be free(?).

If the controls are only 2 buttons for the 2 bump-pads (or whatever they're called) the portal mechanics will probably be used on a luck base, which doesn't get me very excited. On top of that there doesn't seem to be any new voice lines. It looks good, but this is valve working on this - it's supposed to be good.
Not that I expect something more of a portal pinball game, just...yeah, I'm not that excited about it.

Maybe this will revive the Portal community!!

I can dream

Another Bad Pun wrote:
Maybe this will revive the Portal community!!

I can dream

When life gives you lemons, make apple juice and have everyone wonder how you did it.
Musical website Moddb

Valvetime published a ganeplay video today: https://youtu.be/lowfWGKE4_Q