Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Please help!

Hello. OK, so here's the deal. I got my new computer a couple of days ago. Extremely excited to play portal 2 with good quality, I eagerly downloaded it. upon playing and finishing the game for the umpteenth time, I went to the puzzle creator to work on/play one of my maps that i made. So i opened up the creator and pressed load. But to my surprise, I found no maps. I thought steam was supposed to save and sync these, but i must be wrong. I'd really like to get my old map back, i spent a lot of time on that and cant bear to see it dissipate. can someone please help me figure this out?

thanks,
a_dragon

Unfortunately there's no way to get a map back off the workshop. If you didn't save or make a backup then it's gone.

Falsi sumus crusto!

I have a backup. Where's the file???

The path should be something like "C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/common/portal 2/portal2/puzzles". There should be a bunch of files, all named with random numbers. They have the extension ".p2c". Copy them from one computer to the other and that should work.

My stuff:
[spoiler]- BEE2 Addons | (BEE2)
- Hammer Addons
Maps:
- Crushed Gel
- Gel is Not Always Helpful[/spoiler]

On an x64 machine the path will be C:Program Files (x86)Steam... instead.

If you're on a Mac I have no idea. Sorry.

Falsi sumus crusto!

Thanks so much everybody. I'll try it when I get home. And yes, I have windows.

Yeah you should be able to copy over your steam/steamapps/common/portal 2/portal2/maps/puzzles folder over to your new computer.

General note; in the future please use a bit more describing title; that makes it easier to find for someone else with the same problem in the future :)

SteamSteamAppscommonPortal 2portal2puzzles. Not SteamSteamAppscommonPortal 2portal2mapspuzzles.