Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Pictures of the forthcoming plush companion cubes

In Valve's 9 November status update, they mentioned that little SDK business, as well as providing information and some pictures.

Quote:
Here's a sneak peek at the plush Weighted Companion Cube coming soon to the Valve Store. Your rear-view mirror will want a pair of companions, too.

I'm disappointed they're not actually cubes, but Lorithad says he'll be buying one. I still prefer the more puzzling solution to this problem.

"Games are made out of smaller games ? turtles all the way down, until you hit the game that is so trivial and stupid it isn?t deserving of the name." --Raph Koster

with a long needle, and some strong thread, you can make that 'cube' more cube-shaped.

just use the thread to pull facing sides together on all 3 axis. several places on each axis to make it less noticable... id say 4 places all around the circle surrounding the heart. Make a small stich (pink thread if possible) then push the needle and thread through to the other side of the cube, also on the circle, pull the desired amount of tension, and make another stitch. One should note that unless you use strong thread, the threads can break if you distort the cube, or if you dont do many threads per side, that they could rip the cube when distorted...

alternatively would be to unstitch a seam, unstuff the cube, and actually sew in "cells" to make the center rigid enough to hold more of a cube shape... this is more difficult but should prove more stable.

If I get one I'll mess around with it...

[insert visually obtrusive graphic or witty comment here]

Yeah, i'm hoping to get one and hang it next to my zeke plushie.

Not really looking to get the cube-dice type thing. But if thats all the have, I'll just get it and just hang the one. Give the other to a friend.

looks like they'll have a set of rear-view mirror dice, and a larger plush, so you wont have to setting on the small ones :)

[insert visually obtrusive graphic or witty comment here]

I wan't a life size plushie WCC!

They really arent cubes, in fact i think they are closer to the weighted sphere as seen in the advanced chamber 17 :(