Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Pack a map into a map?

Ok,
So, can you possibly pack one or more maps into a map using one of the asorted bsp zipers out there? This would solve the VPK problem since you won't actually need a VPK to pack all of maps into!

Sincerely,
This is a crazy ass idea, but could it work?

you could also just upload your maps separately and link them together in a collection on the steam workshop?

lukeme99 wrote:
Ok,
So, can you possibly pack one or more maps into a map using one of the asorted bsp zipers out there? This would solve the VPK problem since you won't actually need a VPK to pack all of maps into!

Sincerely,

Good idea, you should try it out. :)
Another option I have used in the past is to use teleporters instead of level transitions, and place multiple levels into one big level as instances. The main issue with this is the long loading times initially and after death.

Mevious wrote:
lukeme99 wrote:
Ok,

Sincerely,

Good idea, you should try it out. :)
Another option I have used in the past is to use teleporters instead of level transitions, and place multiple levels into one big level as instances. The main issue with this is the long loading times initially and after death.

Or you could just use HL2 style level changes.

lukeme99 wrote:
[C]an you possibly pack one or more maps into a map using one of the asorted bsp zipers out there?

You mean, pack a BSP into another BSP using Pakrat or something? I have a nagging feeling that this isn't going to work, but I have never even thought of trying it.
This could be interesting to experiment with, if only because of moar science :)

If you just want to upload a series of maps to the workshop, the best way is to make a collection, as Lpfreaky90 suggests. People can still rate the individual maps, and to advance to the next one you just press "next chamber".

Sendificate series: Sendificate | A Beam Too Far | Airtime | 302
Other Portal 2 maps: Medusa Glare
Portal 1 maps: Try Anything Twice | Manic Mechanic