Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Observation room

I have another portal source sdk question. How do i create an observation room with the window and all that. In portal 2 theres just an func_instance but not in the portal 1 sdk. Any help please

As far as I know, you need to make it from scratch. The source SDK doesn't have func_instances. I'm pretty sure you could turn it into a prefab after you make it though.

Big Mood

You could make the map in a newer version of Hammer, and set up the "run game" params to call the old version of VBSP. Then instances work, although you have to collapse them each compile.

Falsi sumus crusto!
FelixGriffin wrote:
You could make the map in a newer version of Hammer, and set up the "run game" params to call the old version of VBSP. Then instances work, although you have to collapse them each compile.

That seems a bit tedious however useful if you just want to copy over whole portions of your map (with tonns of instances) - but I would probably collapse all the instances first and just copy-paste.

If you just want to put in a couple of observations rooms, copy the opened instance and paste the brushwork into your map. Grouping would help to keep it together.

?????????????????????????????TWP Releases | My Workshop
ChickenMobile wrote:
Grouping would help to keep it together.
portal2tenacious wrote:
you could turn it into a prefab after you make it though.
ImageImageImageImageImageuseful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup:
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]