Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Observation room light tubes?

Is there a prefab to make the light tube inlet for observation rooms? Or do I have to fabricate that, too?

A few developers and I were having an argument about the best way to solve a problem. I came up with the most crazy complex way I could to solve the problem as a joke. One of my coworkers whipped around and said "Now you're thinking in Portals!"

The large round lights in the ceiling of the observation rooms are brush based, there should be a couple in the example map. Its just a cylinder cut into the ceiling capped with a white texture at the top.

Only a spider trusts the web

I just made a post regarding these in your other thread. Hope you find it useful.

dload.php?action=file&file_id=19

Look before you post

Alas, a forum search and a google site search didn't reveal any good results for "Observation Room Light Tube" or "Observation Room Light Shaft," and while I'd noticed the prefab pack before, it didn't stick because, at that time, I wasn't interested in a prefab observation room, I was interested in building one from scratch. Then, when I was writing the tutorial last night, I looked for a tutorial, forgot about the prefab pack (and didn't connect that a prefab observation room would have a prefab light tube inside), and asked my question in frustration.

My humblest apologies for opening up a thread to ask a question based on a lack of information found from an incorrectly crafted search query.

NocturnalGhost: I shall look at the other thread with interest, and I was tired when I was building the room, and just slapped a hole in the cieling to get some lighting into the room.

A few developers and I were having an argument about the best way to solve a problem. I came up with the most crazy complex way I could to solve the problem as a joke. One of my coworkers whipped around and said "Now you're thinking in Portals!"