Please or Register to create posts and topics.

[Newbie] Need help with a few things to help everyone!

Firstly, I found a few glitches in a few maps but I get an error when trying to click on someone's name "You are not authorised to view the member list or profiles." I've been told to post once, and I have, but it still does it. I need to do this so I can PM them about the glitches, with a demo.

Secondly, I need some help on uploading demos (for the above glitches). I've recorded a couple and need to upload them, but I don't really want to convert them and put them onto youtube and then post the youtube link here. So any help in this field would be perfect.

Thirdly, is it ok for me to make playthroughs of maps and post them here? If it is, where shall I post them? Thanks.

-Joeyoh9292

Hmz; I'll see if I can find the error why you can't search the userlist, but if you have the name of the person you are trying to sent a pm to that should just work fine :)

Secondly: It's best to post playthroughs in the original threads; if you want to upload the .dem files I recommend getting yourself a dropbox account and putting the demos in your public folder and giving a link in the corresponding thread.

Thirdly: Most mappers love playthroughs but once again I think the thread of the map is the best place to put them; mappers are more likely to read that! Which makes it more useful!

Thanks again IP :D The problem is, even the PM thing says that I can't use the user list. So I'm quite confused at the moment. Thanks for the information on demos :D One extra thing though, would you know the reason there's a strange scoreboard in the bottom right of my demos? Thanks again.

Demos are a special source engine thing, and aren't movies. They basically record key presses and stuff like that, so they create much smaller files. You'll need the game and the exact same BSP for it to play back, though. Take a screenshot of that scoreboard.

My stuff:
[spoiler]- BEE2 Addons | (BEE2)
- Hammer Addons
Maps:
- Crushed Gel
- Gel is Not Always Helpful[/spoiler]