Please or Register to create posts and topics.

New mod release: Thinking with Time Machine.

PreviousPage 4 of 4

Just a small note: I once talked to the creator and he's extremely averse to any sort of collaboration--he showed me a screenshot of one of the VMF files, which has relays strewn all over the map with I/O bouncing between them just to make it harder for anyone to decompile it and use the concept. :P

Falsi sumus crusto!
FelixGriffin wrote:
Just a small note: I once talked to the creator and he's extremely averse to any sort of collaboration--he showed me a screenshot of one of the VMF files, which has relays strewn all over the map with I/O bouncing between them just to make it harder for anyone to decompile it and use the concept. :P

That's really sad. What a waste of a potentially great test element.

FelixGriffin wrote:

He didn't changed to scripting?, i saw on the moddb page in one pic he talking something like that =/

Level designer, 3D modeler, texture artist ,environment artist.

No, I offered him the script from The Shadows of Time as a basis and he turned it down. His method seems to be a huge number of path_tracks parented to the player with a counter that unparents them at regular intervals, then kills them all and spawns new ones.

Falsi sumus crusto!
reepblue wrote:
TheTobbell wrote:
I used to love making mappacks for Portal 2, but now because of the flawed workshop system where you can't release a package of maps without some jerk playing the last map of the pack and being all: "I DON'T GET IT THUMBS DOWN, LEARN TO MAP, CHECK OUT MY MAPS!!!" (Meanwhile it's all PTI.)

I absolutely hate it whenever guys do this

PreviousPage 4 of 4