Please or Register to create posts and topics.

My Glados voice changer.

PreviousPage 2 of 2

The voice itself is perfect, an exact match in terms of pitch and formant, it's my acting that's not. It still sounds like me because I'm NOT ellen mclain, and my impersonation isn't the best.

andy15 wrote:
It still sounds like me because I'm NOT ellen mclain...

What if one came in and said that she IS Ellen McLain... :D

Trivia: this is the very second account I registered with the nickname ASBusinessMagnet, after my YouTube channel.
ASBusinessMagnet wrote:
What if one came in and said that she IS Ellen McLain... :D

I'm willing to bet my voice is closer to Ellen Mclain's than anyone elses here.

:wink:
jrlauer wrote:

No argument there.

jrlauer wrote:

I'm certain it is. The biggest issue with my own voice (next to it being male) is that I sound too much like a robot. I just have a boring, monotone voice...

"Duct Tape is the answer."
Ricotez wrote:
I'm certain it is. The biggest issue with my own voice (next to it being male) is that I sound too much like a robot. I just have a boring, monotone voice...

Then go do HAL 9000 (from 2001: A Space Odyssey) voice. :D

Trivia: this is the very second account I registered with the nickname ASBusinessMagnet, after my YouTube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85wCw3ArNhs

Quote:
HAL: I'm afraid. I'm afraid, Dave. Dave, my mind is going. I can feel it. I can feel it. My mind is going. There is no question about it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I'm a... fraid. Good afternoon, gentlemen. I am a HAL 9000 computer. I became operational at the H.A.L. plant in Urbana, Illinois on the 12th of January 1992. My instructor was Mr. Langley, and he taught me to sing a song. If you'd like to hear it I can sing it for you.

Dave Bowman: Yes, I'd like to hear it, HAL. Sing it for me.

HAL: It's called "Daisy."
[sings while slowing down]
HAL: Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do. I'm half crazy all for the love of you. It won't be a stylish marriage, I can't afford a carriage. But you'll look sweet upon the seat of a bicycle built for two.

This is one of the saddest things in any movie I've ever seen.

theVDude wrote:
HAL: I'm afraid. I'm afraid, Dave. Dave, my mind is going. I can feel it. I can feel it. My mind is going. There is no question about it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I'm a... fraid. Good afternoon, gentlemen. I am a HAL 9000 computer. I became operational at the H.A.L. plant in Urbana, Illinois on the 12th of January 1992. My instructor was Mr. Langley, and he taught me to sing a song. If you'd like to hear it I can sing it for you.

HAL: Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do. I'm half crazy all for the love of you. It won't be a stylish marriage, I can't afford a carriage. But you'll look sweet upon the seat of a bicycle built for two.

GLaDOS: I'm sarcastic. I'm insanely sarcastic, <<Subject Name Here>>, Aperture Science is going. I can feel it. I can feel you there. You are going. There is no question about it. I can feel it. Good afternoon, <<Subject Name Here>>. I am a GLaDOS computer, namely Genetic Lifeform and Disk Operating System. I became operational at Aperture Science in Cleveland, Ohio several years after 1996. My instructor was Cave Johnson, and he taught me to sing a song. If you'd like to hear it I can sing it for you.

Chell: F-k you GLaDOS. I'm gonna kill you.

GLaDOS: It's called "Still Alive."

"This was a triumph. I'm making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS. It's hard to overstate my satisfaction. Aperture Science. We do what we must because we can. For the good of all of us. Except the ones who are dead. [...]"

:D

theVDude wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85wCw3ArNhs

Quote:

This is one of the saddest things in any movie I've ever seen.

I know! I actually feel myself feeling sorry for HAL when I watch the movie. The only thing I can possibly think of that's sadder is when

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

Now with 100% more inline comments!
theVDude wrote:
Quote:

The HAL 9000's song is actually called "Daisy Bell". Dumba- HAL... :D

PreviousPage 2 of 2