Please or Register to create posts and topics.

my achievements got reset 🙁

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next
rellikpd wrote:
Portal Fan your signature is too long. and wasn't it YOU who was told that "cheating" is lame?

forum-rules-read-before-posting

Fixed and I posted that in response to his losing an achievement. I dont classify it as cheating, I think of it as a shortcut. ;)

PortalFan77 wrote:
(LINK)
Just get this and unlock the achievements you want. :)

Whats the point of an achievement if you didn't earn it? It doesn't really do anything for you.

Sythes wrote:
Whats the point of an achievement if you didn't earn it? It doesn't really do anything for you.
PortalFan77 wrote:
Fixed and I posted that in response to his losing an achievement. I dont classify it as cheating, I think of it as a shortcut. ;)
I don't lag, I own so much it takes a few seconds for the server to figure out what the hell I just did.

now if he earned them legitly, and then lost them, thats one thing, but otherwise to take a shortcut in something that is SUPPOSED to be challenging IS cheating. thats not a discussion, thats a definition. think of it how you want, but its still cheating.

do NOT click this
rellikpd wrote:
now if he earned them legitly, and then lost them, thats one thing, but otherwise to take a shortcut in something that is SUPPOSED to be challenging IS cheating. thats not a discussion, thats a definition. think of it how you want, but its still cheating.

I havent cheated on any of my achievements, so they are all legit, even though I used exploits to gain a few of the portal ones. :)

PortalFan77 wrote:
I havent cheated on any of my achievements, so they are all legit, even though I used exploits to gain a few of the portal ones. :)

does anyone know the definition of cheating?

do NOT click this
rellikpd wrote:
does anyone know the definition of cheating?

CHEATING IS USING SOMETHING TO GIVE YOU AN ADVANTAGE.

The exploits i used were all part of the source engine, thus I earned the achievements legitimately.

PortalFan77 wrote:
The exploits i used were all part of the source engine

What would those be?

I don't lag, I own so much it takes a few seconds for the server to figure out what the hell I just did.

Well, for the Advanced Chambers, all I did was noclip to the elevator, then deactivate it once i was inside. GLaDOS didn't notice, and I still got the Vanilla Crazy Cake achievement :D

The Vital Apparatus Vent will deliver a Weighted Companion Cake in Three. Two. One.
*fifty cakes fall out*
Time out for a second. That wasn't supposed to happen.

That's cheating with cheat codes :P

Cheating is using something, which is against the rules to be used, for your advantage.

Be advised that any noticable taste of blood isn't part of any test protocol. But is an unintended side effect of the Hand-Held-High-Energy-Pellet.
PreviousPage 2 of 3Next