Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Multiple env_projectedtextures

PreviousPage 2 of 2
RustyDios wrote:
Why not have 1 flashlight, but make the sharing of it part of the puzzle ?... you could have specific points where they could swap the light through round-mesh-hole grates if the players are in separated rooms etc... Working with the limitation and adapting your idea is likely the better solution than trying to figure out how to have two env_projectedtextures ....

Just a thought... it is a co-op map anyway.... ..

As stated earlier, constantly trigger-toggling these gets annoying visually, to the player, very quickly.

i do not agree with your opinion please remove yourself
splatt wrote:
RustyDios wrote:
Why not have 1 flashlight, but make the sharing of it part of the puzzle ?... you could have specific points where they could swap the light through round-mesh-hole grates if the players are in separated rooms etc... Working with the limitation and adapting your idea is likely the better solution than trying to figure out how to have two env_projectedtextures ....

Just a thought... it is a co-op map anyway.... ..

As stated earlier, constantly trigger-toggling these gets annoying visually, to the player, very quickly.

Not if the players can control who gets the flashlight.

Like in the beginning of Aperture Halloween, where the projected texture is attached to a little 3d model of a flashlight. You can move the flashlight and the projected light will follow.

Imagine an item like that where one co-op player could toss it to the other through a hole in the wall, or something. I think that's what RustyDios is getting at.

Thanks for the answers guys. I like the idea of a flashlight that you can pass around but i really want to have both players have a light source. i Managed to make a torch using light_dynamic. Took me like 3 hours to get it to work like i wanted but it works now. Thanks again for replying.

quaternary wrote:
Like in the beginning of Aperture Halloween, where the projected texture is attached to a little 3d model of a flashlight. You can move the flashlight and the projected light will follow.

Imagine an item like that where one co-op player could toss it to the other through a hole in the wall, or something. I think that's what RustyDios is getting at.

Yeah that is what I was thinking of....

Glad you got a light_dynamic working to solve your problem... but.. does it create tons of lag? Remember some people that play your map may not have an optimised PC... ...

PreviousPage 2 of 2