Please or Register to create posts and topics.

More Current Subscribers than Unique Subscribers?

I have searched some around, but haven't found an answer. So I ask you guys: How is it possible that my map has more current subscribers than unique subscribers?

Is it possible that someone has subscribed to my map several times at the same time? :-?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=68591541

Can't people 'unsubscribe' once they play it?

?????????????????????????????TWP Releases | My Workshop

I believe current subscribers is the amount of times the map has been subscribed to.
So if I go there, subscribe, unsubscribe, subscribe. it would be two current subscribers and one unique subscriber.

I think current has nothing to do with "now".

lpfreaky90 wrote:
I believe current subscribers is the amount of times the map has been subscribed to.
So if I go there, subscribe, unsubscribe, subscribe. it would be two current subscribers and one unique subscriber.

I think current has nothing to do with "now".

In other words, Current is total downloads, Unique is how many users downloaded.

Ok. I guess that explains it. I thought Current Subscribers was the current amount of subscriptions the map had. I would say that "Current Subscribers" is a little bit misleading.

EDIT: Wait a minute. If so, how can Lp's Laser juggle have more Unique Subscribers than Current Subscribers?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=68455511

Maybe "Current" means people who currently have the map in their game and "Unique" means total number of downloads? So basically, maybe it's the other way around.

Favorite theme: Retro Aperture

Now let's solve this thing! ^^
kariko wrote:
Maybe "Current" means people who currently have the map in their game and "Unique" means total number of downloads? So basically, maybe it's the other way around.

That would make sense, we're talking about valve here...

Anyways, let's just say they're somewhat random numbers that somewhat represent the popularity of your maps? :D

I guess we have to settle with this conclusion. :P Though, this is starting to really annoy me.
WHY VALVE? WHY??? :notwant:

It's a bug with the workshop at the moment. It occurs when a person subscribes to a map, but it actually fails to appear in their queue. I'm not sure if you guys are familiar with that bug, but it happens a lot for me. The current subscriber count goes up and so will the unique subscriber count, but when another person subscribes, only the current subscriber count will go up. For every error, the unique subscriber count will fail to go up for the very next subscriber.

At the moment, it's easily fixed if the person whose subscription failed to go through, simply unsubscribes and then subscribes again while Portal 2 is open.