Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Mods failing to launch.

So I've finally decided to try the numerous Portal mods that have been out for a while including Portal: Prelude, Blue Portals, Rexaura, etc. I've installed them all correctly and they show up in Steam, but when I launch them they all fail to load the title screen. I can even hear the music, but the client just crashes. Along with Portal I own and have played several other Source games, so I don't know why this is happening.

Do you have the steam-pipe compatible versions installed? Some versions won't work.

Another Bad Pun wrote:
Do you have the steam-pipe compatible versions installed? Some versions won't work.

I have no idea. Is there a certain one I have to download, because if there is, then I have missed it three times.

Unfortunately the Steampipe update broke almost all of the old sourcemods. There are instructions somewhere on here to update the gameinfo.txt file appropriately, but for some reason my search is not finding it...

Falsi sumus crusto!

But Rexaura and BP have that fixed....

Yes, but you need a special version of the mod (which Toaster might not have).

Falsi sumus crusto!
FelixGriffin wrote:
Yes, but you need a special version of the mod (which Toaster might not have).

Unless I come across a version like this, it's fine- I just wanted to experiment a little. Thank you for the help.