Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Map names and startup behavior

PreviousPage 2 of 2
marculaa wrote:
I still not beinggood in this. Hem, how i start with out the patato?

Change the sp_transition_list.nut

DO NOT USE THE ATTACHED FILE IN YOUR PORTAL2 HEIRARCHY! IT WILL BREAK YOUR GAME!!!
The attached file has a .txt extension, it must be changed to .nut to work.

I created a custom mod to run my single player custom maps. I have modified the <Custom Mod Dir>scriptsvscriptstransitionssp_transition_list.nut file to support additional features.

1. Allows series of maps to be added which will be played in order, returning to the menu after the last one.
2. Controls which gun a map starts with (if the map doesn't do it itself).

When I add maps to my custom mod, I will update this file to make it start with the right portal gun if the map doesn't do it itself. I may add custom titles if the map doesn't have them (an original Valve feature). I can use this file to create series of maps, if they don't change maps themselves.

This file is provided only as an example. Use it for ideas on creating your own. Let me know if there are obvious bugs in this one, and if you have any ideas for improving it.

Expand for my full signature
[spoiler]My YouTube Channel: Please subscribe!
My Steam Workshop Check out my collections for some good maps
Basic Mod for playing .vpk files Needs to be updated for dlc2, but still works[/spoiler]

I still dont understand. I am sorry. xD I just want to play that maps in .vpk, but with the new update, seems is not easy. Anyone have a solucion for it?

marculaa wrote:
I still dont understand. I am sorry. xD I just want to play that maps in .vpk, but with the new update, seems is not easy. Anyone have a solucion for it?

Currently, vpk files arnt working.

We've got a thread here: http://forums.thinking.withportals.com/post58046.html#p58046 where I will keep updated when Valve reply.

Rob.

My Portal2 Map: Trapped

My Travel Blog:
KennKong wrote:
DO NOT USE THE ATTACHED FILE IN YOUR PORTAL2 HEIRARCHY! IT WILL BREAK YOUR GAME!!!
The attached file has a .txt extension, it must be changed to .nut to work.

I created a custom mod to run my single player custom maps. I have modified the <Custom Mod Dir>scriptsvscriptstransitionssp_transition_list.nut file to support additional features.

1. Allows series of maps to be added which will be played in order, returning to the menu after the last one.
2. Controls which gun a map starts with (if the map doesn't do it itself).

When I add maps to my custom mod, I will update this file to make it start with the right portal gun if the map doesn't do it itself. I may add custom titles if the map doesn't have them (an original Valve feature). I can use this file to create series of maps, if they don't change maps themselves.

This file is provided only as an example. Use it for ideas on creating your own. Let me know if there are obvious bugs in this one, and if you have any ideas for improving it.

For what i understand of that (toke 1 week to), you are talking about some kind of "mod". Ok this is all messing me up.

This thread should be stickied imho, as I refer people to it often, from the 'mapping Help' forum.
Step 2 is a common issue, and this is very useful information in particular.

"Such monstrous sucking-constructions aren't built within one afternoon"

damn straight.

I think in terms of boolean variables. Generally, it makes things easier.

I returned to portal2 after 5 month idling (ye, played WoW and LoL :) ), and I found out that a dlc came out (ye, was surprise for me, not started portal since june), and today I found out that all my maps and previously downloaded custom maps start with the potatogun. I remember these maps, they worked fine before. Don't know if its just my Portal2 or others experience this too (I even fully reinstalled portal2), but I found a temporary solution that I described here:
mapping-help/post-your-portal-2-authoring-tool-bugs-t2459-105.html
Basically after this, all old and future custom maps start as they are intended, without the annoying potato. I will also embed this .nut to my future map BSPs so if someone else playing it who experienced the same, the gun will be OK in their portal2 too.

-= Check out my maps: workshop, and their .vmf sources: homepage =-
DaMaGepy wrote:
I returned to portal2 after 5 month idling... :blah: Don't know if its just my Portal2 or others experience this too (I even fully reinstalled portal2), but I found a temporary solution that I described here:
mapping-help/post-your-portal-2-authoring-tool-bugs-t2459-105.html

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

PreviousPage 2 of 2