Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Making a Map Pack for the workshop

I've been working on a mappack in Hammer for several months now. The pack has custom elevators in it that link to the next map in the series (using a point_clientcommand > command > map xxxx). I've been using Motanum's tutorial ( here ) to update my elevator instances/maps to be workshop compliant for uploading to the workshop, for easier distribution (I think I'll still upload them here as WIP before that though, when I'm happy with them!).

What I would like to know however, is there a way to publish a whole mappack to the workshop and ensure that people down all the needed .bsp's. Either a "one-click" does all option or a way to separate and group the mappack ?

Is there a way to make it so that the Ratings window only pops up for the last map in the series ?
Or that after each map it auto loads the next in the series ?
What happens if I had a custom_lightboard (using the signmaker tool) for each section of my map?
Do the workshop maps require the new lightboard instance to work? Can they be played without one? Or if needed would it be confusing if I "hid it away" in a external box all of its own so the player can never see it?

You can organize the maps into a collection to allow for one-click downloading and keeping them in order. That's how the "12 Angry Tests" pack that's on there now works I believe, in addition to having all the maps numbered.

There is no "N" in "Turret."

Yeah, should have gone looking for a better answer before posting my question (and I recall having a "bad discussion" with Fracture over the importance of looking for yourself before asking silly questions you could have answered. I still feel bad about that.

Anyway, I've just played through 12 Angry Tests again, from the workshop, and noticed that the whole thing is in a group. In 7 parts. You can subscribe to all. End of each map has the Ratings window pop-up, after rating you just click "next test". The next test to load is the next one in the workshop, which should be the next in the series. Providing they have sequential names from what I can tell. I'm not sure what would happen if someone were to make a "12 Angry Tests: Part 6a" and you happened to download it. I'm not sure how the workshop/editor orders the tests.

I also noticed that 12AT didn't have the lightboard in it (or any Cave lines) so maybe that is not strictly needed for the workshop... just the Pti Ents and the Ratings window to be triggered... ..

So information gained. Maybe someone else can find this thread useful though.