Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Looking for Assistant Puzzle Designer (QFC)

As I begin plotting the design and storyline for Quest for Cake, I have started to begin to understand the sheer amount of work I am going to haev to do. Most of my time will be spent on developtment and I will have little time for actual well thought out puzzle design. (Unless I want to take an even longer time in developtment)

I'm looking for someone who understands the logic that goes into a good portal puzzle to join the QFC team. Currently the team only consists of 2 people (one voice actor and me). The job would entail developing well made puzzle designs to be implemented and developed by me. The applicant may have to be able to sketch out in paint or paper the basic outline of the map or be able to accuretly describe it in an understandable way.

Portal: Quest for Cake: 5%
[img]www31.brinkster.com/taob1/Signiture2.bmp[/img]
NullSoldier wrote:
The applicant may have to be able to sketch out in paint or paper the basic outline of the map or be able to accuretly describe it in an understandable way.

:lol: I might be able to muster the intelligence to assist you.

So let me get this straight.
You are recruiting people for QFC (Quest for Cake) a campaign making group.

You need someone else to help you with your puzzle designs to make them harder, interesting and exciting yes?

Sounds like a good Idea to me, I would offer assistance, but I want to make one of my own.

I wish you the best of luck in making your 'mod team'

Designing chambers? Sounds nice. I normally keep my ideas to myself, though.

http://www.dpgames.co.uk/

Sanity is not statistical.

I find when doing something like this, its best to work alone.

I'll give ya some help.
:)

Just message me, private, and we can try to come up w/ some puzzles. My brother is really good at that kind of stuff, and has been giving me most of my ideas (embarrassed to admit).

I'll see if he wants to help you directly. I can't tell if he actually enjoys doing it, or if he's just being a little brother.

mm consider renaming the campain? you know... before cake gets so stale that when we re-play the single player we roll our eyes every time we hear about it... I see 3 maps already in the downloads cake related, thats 1/3 of the maps that aren't tutorial maps. thats a big ratio of people who couldn't think of their own joke..

on topic with the tread... I'd only consider giving up my designs if I lose motivation to make them myself :P

[insert visually obtrusive graphic or witty comment here]