Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Lolwut? Turrets die on Load.

Okay, so I used noclip to look into the problem on my map regarding the turrets in the sewer area. I went down and looked at them, and there weren't any problems. However, as soon as I quicksaved and quickloaded, they all freaked out and shut down, with the console being spammed with "Free sound list is full!"

Does anyone have any idea what could have caused this?

Duffedwaffe wrote:
Okay, so I used noclip to look into the problem on my map regarding the turrets in the sewer area. I went down and looked at them, and there weren't any problems. However, as soon as I quicksaved and quickloaded, they all freaked out and shut down, with the console being spammed with "Free sound list is full!"

Does anyone have any idea what could have caused this?

Are you sure you aren't running TOO many turrets for one level? "Free Sound list" probably means It's sound Is hooked to It's function, probably meaning If there Is no sound to be played with the turret, It's function shuts down.

This Is my theory.

More of a Mapping type of saying this:

A portal button Is tied to a Sound, VCD* to be more precise, most of the time, when you use the Aperture Weighted Storage Cube (AWSC), It will play that sound.
Now, If too many turrets were In your map, and It said "Sound List Is full" (Ect.) And It doesn't play that sound, you need to remove some turrets, If the door doesn't open, and If It opens, you get the same error "Sound list is full" It won't play the sound, so In theory, If the Sound plays with the Function, It can sometimes shutdown the entities tied to them.

Theory again.

Or they just hate Quick Loading.
Is there any AI to go with the turrets?

SectioN 8 wrote:
Are you sure you aren't running TOO many turrets for one level? "Free Sound list" probably means It's sound Is hooked to It's function, probably meaning If there Is no sound to be played with the turret, It's function shuts down.

This Is my theory.

More of a Mapping type of saying this:

A portal button Is tied to a Sound, VCD* to be more precise, most of the time, when you use the Aperture Weighted Storage Cube (AWSC), It will play that sound.
Now, If too many turrets were In your map, and It said "Sound List Is full" (Ect.) And It doesn't play that sound, you need to remove some turrets, If the door doesn't open, and If It opens, you get the same error "Sound list is full" It won't play the sound, so In theory, If the Sound plays with the Function, It can sometimes shutdown the entities tied to them.

Theory again.

Or they just hate Quick Loading.
Is there any AI to go with the turrets?

Yeah, there probably are too many. I have about... 20. >.<

Oh well, I'll just make that part a puzzle.