Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Learn With Portals - Get Portal 1 for Free

Page 1 of 3Next

Valve is up to it again, giving away some of their best titles for free. This time with TWP favorite Portal 1:

Quote:
When we heard the buzz surrounding the new role video games are playing in education, we had to throw our hat in the ring. Today, innovative educators are finding ways to incorporate Portal and Portal 2 into their classrooms?helping teach physics and critical-thinking skills. It's eye-opening to see how video games can be used in amazing and unexpected ways to help educate our next generation.

Get it while you can, the offer only lasts until 9/20!

Learn With Portals free Portal 1 download

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

Wow. I just saw a video on youtube from Valve showing some 7th graders taking a trip to Valve headquarters and learning how to build levels in Portal. I am so jealous of them, especially since I want to work in video games when I grow up and work specifically at Valve. How I wish my school could use Portal 1 and 2 to teach physics. I already got Portal 1, though, but still, really cool of Valve to do this. This is definitely something worth talking about in my Portal 2 podcast.

hehe the kids will be level designers in the future xD in the valve company :P

This is awesome. Portal 2 is one of my all-time favourite games, yet I never played the original so this is perfect for me! Just downloading it just now.

I find it funny how that door opens to glass lights.

"How do you use the toilet?"

"You press E."

I am still so jealous of their oppurtunity...

Current Community Contributor status: not a community contributor. Lost it. :(

Well well, Portal is free... again.

Crazy is as crazy does.
My Work
[spoiler]Maps:
Revenge of the Angry Turrets
Capture the Cube [Co-op]
Capture the Cube 2 [Co-op]
TPWEGTH Sample Map
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center 2
Aperture Time Testing Center
ML's Halloween Trick - 1000 downloads!
ML's Halloween Treat
ML's Combination - 1000 downloads!
ML's Jailbreak Labyrinth
ML's Tricky Teamwork [Co-op]
WIP:
"Capture the Cube 3"
Workshop Maps Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008890579/myworkshopfiles/[/spoiler]

I'm guessing that the DLC is coming out on the 20th because of this.

Also, I really aspire to work as a Level Designer or 3d Modeler at Valve in the future. It would be so awesome if my High School did this.

My Maps:
[spoiler][SP] Alternate[/spoiler]

I wonder if any of those kids will have already have used the hammer toolkit.

I don't understand why Portal is not Free to Play forever now.

:A Little Higher: :Tornate: :Blue Portals: :Vectronic: :Youtube: :Twitter: : ModDB: :Old Sig:

The more you give, the less appreciated it will be received.
Page 1 of 3Next