Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Lab Rat: a maze generator

Hi all!

I've been working on this for a little while, and I want to get some feedback. It's a program that generates mazes and saves them as Portal 2 puzzle files. It does this in the background while you're playing, so you can exit the editor and reopen the maze and it'll be a new one.

There's a couple small bugs (sometimes the puzzle editor doesn't create the autosave file upon opening the map, so I don't know when to generate a new map), but it works pretty well.

Also, since I released this, I've been working on completing the code library I built to load, edit and save Portal 2 puzzle files. It'll make it easy to build your own programs to modify puzzles, since all the work of i/o and figuring out what values to set where have been figured out already (and I'll tell you, some of them aren't intuitive, especially some of the rotation/offset stuff)!

Check it out and let me know what you think! And if you're interested in the code library get ahold of me - I'd like to have a small group test it before I set it up on a source sharing site.

http://www.kyleschouviller.com/labrat/

Awesome! Nice program!

Falsi sumus crusto!

When you scroll the big number downwards, the small number above the progress bar goes upwards. Additionally, when you use the scroll wheel to change the big number up and down, the small number only changes by increments of one (rather than how far the wheel scrolls which is usually three by default).

Thanks - the small numbers are for the number of mazes generated - I should add some more tooltips.

Wow, this is very interesting! I've downloaded it... can't wait to arrive home to test it :thumbup:

ImageImageImageImageImageuseful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup:
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]