Please or Register to create posts and topics.

How To Upload Custom Maps to the Portal 2 Workshop?

I Googled high and low, but I cannot seem to find the answer to this seemingly very obvious question: How do I upload my existing custom maps to my Portal 2 workshop?

I went into the workshop from within the Portal 2 game, but there is no obvious button to upload custom maps. I thought there should just be an "Upload" button, but it's nowhere to be found.

Go to Seamsteamappscommonportal 2bin and fire up p2map_publish.exe :thumbup:

It keeps saying, "Steam cloud does not appear to be available" Any one else getting this error?

GLaDOS CUBE wrote:
It keeps saying, "Steam cloud does not appear to be available" Any one else getting this error?

It's an issue that happens to more people. Valve is investigating this...

lpfreaky90 wrote:
GLaDOS CUBE wrote:

It's an issue that happens to more people. Valve is investigating this...

It's already out, it was fixed at 12 pacific standard time.
Just restart Steam and it will work.

I'm having an issue where the p2map_publish won't accept the file. I;ve gone to the page it says to look at for the reason, where it says to add the pti_ent.vmf and have something trigger the @relay_pti_level_end. However, after doing this, and packing in the extra content for the map(such as the sounds for Laser Encounters), it says the bsp is not formatted. I'm going through Montanium's vid tuts right now just in case I've missed something, though as far as the second tut is concerned, I've done everything right.

[Edit]

Okay, I got it worked out. I needed to add the proper exit segments into the map for it to work. Just tested it on Cooling Tower. Now to update Laser Encounters.

There is no good or evil in the world. Thinking makes it so.