Please or Register to create posts and topics.

How do I make it so people go to another chamber?

My level is getting very big, and if I add more, it's too big. So I need them to go to another chamber (I mean, like my chamber is in 2 parts.) This has been driving me up the wall. :?

Maybe the answer is really easy. ( :oops: ) maybe it's not, but still, I need help, majorly. I've looked everywhere, and still can't the answer.

You would basically make a new map, but have a level_transition in the elevator that exits the map.

Looking at the sample map would probably have answered this.

"Games are made out of smaller games ? turtles all the way down, until you hit the game that is so trivial and stupid it isn?t deserving of the name." --Raph Koster

Uh, what I meant was:

No elevator. I mean the map is supposed to be one test chamber, not 2, but one.

Your basically escaping from the labs, but my map is big right now, and any bigger and it doesn't load. (I look at the console and I get an error, something about to many brushes.)

Sorry for not explaining earlier.

Do the same thing but have the level transition in a hallway or some place where there isn't a lot of duplicated stuff.

A hallway with a portal fizzler at either end would be preferable, and make the textures in and viewable FROM the load hallway non-portalable (put a portal-blocker if you have to).

madcat1030 wrote:
A hallway with a portal fizzler at either end would be preferable, and make the textures in and viewable FROM the load hallway non-portalable (put a portal-blocker if you have to).

do it like the escape level. Add a hall with a transition in the middle. Portals DO travel through a transition, and automatically fizzle off if they can't find the same wall after the transition