Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Hammer Tutorial - Advanced Workshop integration for Portal 2

PreviousPage 2 of 2

Is it possible to get maps that have custom content, such as instances, sounds, textures, etc, into the workshop, and if so, how would we go about that?

There is no good or evil in the world. Thinking makes it so.
Wanderer2021 wrote:
Is it possible to get maps that have custom content, such as instances, sounds, textures, etc, into the workshop, and if so, how would we go about that?

That is shown in this tutorial (if not this one then it was one of the previous ones)
Go to your bin folder and look for p2map_publish.exe

?????????????????????????????TWP Releases | My Workshop
Wanderer2021 wrote:

Yes, use a packing tool to pack textures, sounds, models. I use packbsp or pakrat depending on the occasion.

Motanum's Website
Portal Maps - Motanum's Cheating Test [3 map pack and 2nd place winner]
Portal 2 Maps - Slanted Bridge | Main Four | Juggling | Wall Bridge
Aperture Tag - Collection ModDB

Like my work? Spare a coin? Donate via PayPal at eugenio.motanum91 [AT] gmail.com

Thank you very much for your hard work.

There is no good or evil in the world. Thinking makes it so.

I think this thread should get a sticky.. my first sticky suggestion for TWP!

Reason: Many older mappers returning to TWP will want to know this information first and foremost to adapt their previous/existing/upcoming Hammer maps to be able to upload them to the workshop. Rather then go searching for a thread, or posting a new thread/question, this should be at the top ready to greet them....

And btw, thankyou for this tutorial, very helpful indeed!

Indeed a great tutorial!
Thanks a lot for sharing it.

Portfolio: anselmo.gd
DevBlog: blog.anselmo.gd

The p2map_publish.exe is not working for me :(
I followed your tut and it worked once... Then I did the final render and tried to upload again. Now I always get the error "Failed to publish file."
Is there any known file limitation or something like that? The size is 30mb..

EDIT: Nevermind, I spammed the button like a fag for about 1h and it worked.... -.-

My Maps-1-2-3-4-5-

My PTI Tests-1-2-3-
RustyDios wrote:
I think this thread should get a sticky.. my first sticky suggestion for TWP!

Reason: Many older mappers returning to TWP will want to know this information first and foremost to adapt their previous/existing/upcoming Hammer maps to be able to upload them to the workshop. Rather then go searching for a thread, or posting a new thread/question, this should be at the top ready to greet them....

And btw, thankyou for this tutorial, very helpful indeed!

I agree, this topic should be highlighted.
Thank's Motanum !

PreviousPage 2 of 2