Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Hammer prop_portal not working

Page 1 of 2Next

Hi, I'm ready to give up on prop_portals. After I finally got mine to work, it spawned at a COMPLETELY different area then the item was placed. It spawned in the general area I wanted, but not the right height, or wall, it didnt even spawn on a wall, it is on the ceiling, but is placed like it is on a wall. I have some screenshots, but I wont post them unless someone asks, because I dont want to if someone knows the soloution already. So can someone help me? Thanks in advance if you can. (BTW I am somewhat of a noob with hammer, I know how to do stuff like func_instances, and making test chambers, but some things are unclear so please cope with me)

This... sentence... is... false.... dontthinkaboutdontthinkaboutdontthinkaboutdontthinkaboutdontthinkaboutit
MLIA
Thanks in advance :thumbup:

Did you set it to start active? Is the place it spawned the map origin?

My stuff:
[spoiler]- BEE2 Addons | (BEE2)
- Hammer Addons
Maps:
- Crushed Gel
- Gel is Not Always Helpful[/spoiler]

I set it to start inactive, and I have a button activating it, and what exactly is the map origin? It spawns as if it was on a side wall, but on the cieling, and a few pixels go above the ceiling, to the skybox area thingy.

This... sentence... is... false.... dontthinkaboutdontthinkaboutdontthinkaboutdontthinkaboutdontthinkaboutit
MLIA

Screenshots please.

sure, just a second

MLIA

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=qn8pjl&s=5#.Um12vxBfuM8 These are the two screenshots in one image, sorry I could only get it on tinypic. (I cant tell if its against the rules)

MLIA
JoeyGuy917 wrote:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=qn8pjl&s=5#.Um12vxBfuM8 These are the two screenshots in one image, sorry I could only get it on tinypic. (I cant tell if its against the rules)

Don't worry, that's fine.

Your prop_portal is at an invalid location, so it's appearing at the origin. Make sure it's just a little bit away from the wall, and not too close to anything on the sides or top.

Falsi sumus crusto!

okay THANKS sooo much.

MLIA

I'm sorry, but its still not working

MLIA

You're probably doing something wrong. This something really easy to achieve. Have your followed these? (In particular #2)

1. Must have its pitch, yaw and roll facing the exact same direction of the surface it's placed on.
  2. 1-8 units from the surface the portal is to be placed on.
  3. At least 57 units away from any adjacent surfaces on the top and bottom.

Here is a working example you can look at: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/149 ... p_test.vmf

PortalStories.com
"Oh, in case you got covered in that repulsion gel, here's some advice the lab boys gave me: DO NOT get covered in the repulsion gel."
Page 1 of 2Next