Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Hammer Modified PTI Map on a Mac

Page 1 of 2Next

So, I created a map over the past week that zivi7 was kind enough to offer Hammer help in the form of removing some of the ant lines and adding labels to some of the puzzle elements. I work on a Mac, so Hammer is off limits to me. We were able to do the export to .vmf and zivi7 was able to make all the minor changes I was looking for. Anyway, zivi7 sent the .bsp file back to me. It's completely playable but I do not have the p2map_publish executable in my bin folder. I did do a search of my system just to make sure it wasn't hiding somewhere and it wasn't. Any ideas? I'm sure it's a Mac/Hammer deal :angrysquare:

I guess Valve thinks, if you modify your map in Hammer, you have Windows so you can use the p2map_publish. Although I don't really get, why have they made an executable, instead of making us able to upload our non-PTI maps with Steam.

Workshop
First Transcendental Building Course: 02 03 (WIP)
(01 needs some rethinking, playable though)

I think you should probably dual-boot your mac with bootcamp like I do to map/3d model/program/etc... YES! IT'S OUT! I'M ON A WINDOWS-MAC!

My Maps:
[spoiler][SP] Alternate[/spoiler]

Thanks for the tip Vordwann....Would I need to run a Windows copy of Portal? I had thought of that on a different machine, but didn't want to buy another copy of the game.

You can download both the Windows and OSX version from Steam, you don't need to buy another copy.

Workshop
First Transcendental Building Course: 02 03 (WIP)
(01 needs some rethinking, playable though)

Brilliant...thanks Brits!

Vordwann wrote:
YES! IT'S OUT! I'M ON A WINDOWS-MAC!

WE WILL NEVAR FORGIVE YOU

Just wanted to update that I successfully installed Windows on a portion of my Mac and am working on cleaning up a few of my PTI maps in Hammer. Thanks for the help guys!

I Run on Mac to i was wondering if you could put hammer for mac you have somewhere so i and other mac users could download it

Could You Put the files for hammer on mac somewhere so i and other mac users could download

Page 1 of 2Next