Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Guide to Portal Hammer Button + Door Part 2

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next
NullSoldier wrote:
Part 03

You sir, are a machine.

"Games are made out of smaller games ? turtles all the way down, until you hit the game that is so trivial and stupid it isn?t deserving of the name." --Raph Koster

Once the WIKI is up and running, I'll post tutorials on how to make both the Orb Launcher and the Orb Catcher.

...when will the wiki be opened? :)

http://www.dpgames.co.uk/

Sanity is not statistical.

Admin said he'd look into it today. I'm gonna do some writing aswell.

My specializations:
-Thinking with portals
-Killing with Pyro's
-Defending with Engineers
-Healing with Medics

for some reason, my doors, after creating this setup, you can still walk up to and open by being in front of them, is there something i have accidentally enabled?

y-aji wrote:
for some reason, my doors, after creating this setup, you can still walk up to and open by being in front of them, is there something i have accidentally enabled?

On the door_left_door func_door uncheck the touch opens flag, same for the right one. This is the default door behaviour that needs to be disabled.

Only a spider trusts the web

I think, as soon as I start tackling some Portal maps, I'll do away with the "test ambience" and acutally create my own buttons and doors.. I like hiding things and making people think about a situation... so this "BIG RED SHINEY" button, probably wont make it into my maps. =( sorry.

Q-

Ralph wrote:
y-aji wrote:

On the door_left_door func_door uncheck the touch opens flag, same for the right one. This is the default door behaviour that needs to be disabled.

ah... you guys always make me feel so dumb to not have checked simple stuff.. Sorry, and thank you.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

my doors don't open :*((((((((

Like i did it all correct, but then when i started it up, i go on the button, it dosen't open but it makes the noise. I can walk through it, but it dosen't show it open! zombler. also when i walk up to the door it will open, but the doors don't open on my screen and i can walk thru a wall that is suppose to be there.

some 1 help pl0x k thxs

DiddyKong42 wrote:
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

my doors don't open :*((((((((

Like i did it all correct, but then when i started it up, i go on the button, it dosen't open but it makes the noise. I can walk through it, but it dosen't show it open! zombler. also when i walk up to the door it will open, but the doors don't open on my screen and i can walk thru a wall that is suppose to be there.

some 1 help pl0x k thxs

send me your base file and i can see why. I was having alot of frustration with that, yesterday.

EDIT::::

Well like now, I just go straight through my door.... i hate this... I even tried copying one and just using it as an prefab. but it still dosen't work...

very frustrating...

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next