Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Grudge thanks you! **UPDATED OCT 25** Video finished. LINK!

Page 1 of 2Next

So the video is finished after a huge two and eight and theres areas where it could be better but hopefully it gets the job done.

Thanks to everyone thats helped contribute and make this happen. :cry: :roll:

Time to chillax and play some TF2. WHO'S WITH ME? YAAR. Kabloom!

So theres nothing else i've missed out right? Good, ciao.

Before one might bitch about how one has put too much text in, maybe next time one might recieve some more footage. D:

Next video in the queue is the Contest Map video, in place to display all the maps, then display the winner at the end. :D So get mapping, plox. xoxox.:roll:

Oh shit, I almost forgot.

Life is like a pipe, it's hard to get through and you're not always guaranteed a happy ending.

The footage is good, but the intro is far too long, over half the entire video. It would be better if there was a set of quick ending credits as opposed to the very long intro. It reminds me of the countless counter-strike videos I have seen involving over-effected opening credits and a tad bit of negligence on the video itself. The video is supposed to promote thinking with portals, and the footage from custom maps created by the thinkingwithportals community is good, but it even says in the credits that the music is taken from portal itself. Maybe instead of emulating the portal feel, an original soundtrack should have been implemented.

Overall it was well done, the credits were far too long and it was a little too similar to the Portal promotional video released by valve.

pandar wrote:
The footage is good, but the intro is far too long, over half the entire video. It would be better if there was a set of quick ending credits as opposed to the very long intro. It reminds me of the countless counter-strike videos I have seen involving over-effected opening credits and a tad bit of negligence on the video itself. The video is supposed to promote thinking with portals, and the footage from custom maps created by the thinkingwithportals community is good, but it even says in the credits that the music is taken from portal itself. Maybe instead of emulating the portal feel, an original soundtrack should have been implemented.

Overall it was well done, the credits were far too long and it was a little too similar to the Portal promotional video released by valve.

As a video dawns for me to make displaying the contest maps and displaying the winner etc, I can put this criticism well into place. Thanks, I appreciate it. :)

Life is like a pipe, it's hard to get through and you're not always guaranteed a happy ending.

Nice text intro! So when are you going to make the video part? Is this a WIP? Oh wait, theres some video at the end! :)

Portal: Quest for Cake: 5%
[img]www31.brinkster.com/taob1/Signiture2.bmp[/img]

I agree, there was a lot of text, but... it is really our faults. I'm sure he'd rather have 5min of awesome edited footage, but we failed at providing enough footage to edit in to 5 minutes of video.

Solid job with what us slackers supplied you with!

I thought there'd be more time to submit stuff...

Shmitz wrote:
I thought there'd be more time to submit stuff...

There's always more videos.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

If you make another video (perhaps after the mapping contest?), I think you should cut in some non-action footage. Keep a lot of action stuff, of course--exciting!--but intercut with some establishing shots that can give a sense of scale and the level of polish/detail in the level. You can't really see that stuff while someone's executing a fling.

Obviously what you include is limited by the footage the community provides, so this is something for footage-submitters maybe to keep in mind as well.

Cr00ked.

Don't use effects just because you can. If an effect doesn't make sense or doesn't fit somewhere, don't use it. Also, you want to promote the mapping community here, show some maps! Most viewers won't watch it past the intro because nothing of interest is shown.

Put the mappers names at the end, that should work better.

Intro length should never pass 20 seconds.

http://www.dpgames.co.uk/

Sanity is not statistical.
Page 1 of 2Next