Please or Register to create posts and topics.

FudgePacker

PreviousPage 2 of 2

(Double posting so Waterhandle gets the notification)

I think what's happened is that the recent update has replaced your modified vbsp.exe with a real copy.
I just tested the latest (0.4) release and it worked fine, so try reinstalling maybe? If it doesn't work, try pasting me your packer log file?
( C:Program FilesSteamsteamappscommonportal 2binpackerlog.log )

I still use fudgepacker with the latest update to the workshop and I too confirm that it appears to be working just fine.

Aaah cheers man :)

I'll give that a shot when I get home, thanks!

Sorry for the late response. I was making smaller maps and was enjoying not having to click two more times :lol:

Also Portal 2 didn't work for a few days. Anyway, I reinstalled Fudgepacker now, and I can confirm that it works again :thumbup:

Hey! Thanks for creating FudgePacker, it's been extremely useful!

I noticed something however, at least on my computer... That whenever I compile a map within the PeTI, and exit Portal 2... Steam seems to still think I'm in Portal 2. (And doesn't attempt to sync with the Steam Cloud.)

I've troubleshooted this a bit, running it without FudgePacker, verifying game cache, setting
"-autoconfig", Disabled Steam Cloud, Disabling Stema Community in-game, etc. The only alteration that I've made is using FudgePacker, and only then does this oddity occur.

The weird part is, there's no sign of FudgePacker, VBSP, Portal2, or anything else Steam related open in the Task Manager. There's no way to solve this for me without forcibly ending Steam, and opening it again.

I was wondering if you've heard any other reports of this, or if you knew what could be the cause.

Much appreciated!

Hey IceSage, sorry I took so damn long to reply... I have a vague memory of reading the post, then uhh, clearly I forgot.

I've not really heard anything similar to be honest, as I didn't really think anyone was actually using it. It might be to do with the exit code fudgepacker passes on (usually 1 regardless of the outcome), but I can't really figure out where... or how to solve it, since I don't get the same issue.

I'll get back to you, and do an update if I can figure it out :)

When I downloaded this thing, it immediately said I had a virus, on both computers I downloaded it on! >_<

PreviousPage 2 of 2