Please or Register to create posts and topics.

FourthReaper Texture Pack: Fields

Page 1 of 5Next

Texture Files Included:

fr_surface_division_field
fr_force_deflection_field
fr_matter_inquisition_field
fr_compressed_smoke_field
------------------------------------
A small texture (material) pack I have assembled on special request in one of my maps threads.
Please note that I have created these textures with a certail function in mind. I would appreciate if you would take a close look at how I used them. The Surface Division Field (green) functions as a world portal, for example. (It is also use in some of my maps.)
I did not create instances for these "fizzlers" as I can't guarantee full functionality if I do. Please only use the textures if you know your way around handling these things.
How to install:

Put the texture files in D:Program Files (x86)Steamsteamappscommonportal 2portal2materialsFourthReaper.

A map vmf and compiled bsp are included in this small pack as to show how to make correct use of the textures. Please take a look at the vmf before use of these textures.

IMPORTANT:
Always add the files into the compiled bsp file (using Pakrat or something else) or create a VPK (if that still works, anyway)! Otherwise other people will not have the texture files themselves!

Credits:

FourthReaper - for design and creation
Valve - for making the Half-Life/Portal universe a better place

Various others - for helping me make custom fizzler vmt's and helping me out on certain issues.

Feel discredited? Want in? Contact me at the topic for this pack on ThinkingWithPortals.com

File Name: Texture Pack.zip
File Size: 207.72 KiB
Click here to download FourthReaper Texture Pack: Fields

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Maps in Development:
[spoiler]- Penrose 04 (on hold)[/spoiler]

The textures in the pack. All except the standard and underground fizzlers (in the top corners) are included.

Maps in Development:

Very Very Very Nice!
FourthReaper you're a magician!
Thanks for sharing !

Tullio wrote:
Very Very Very Nice!
FourthReaper you're a magician!
Thanks for sharing !

Thanks! :D Nice to hear, I would love to see some use of these fields in maps! :wink:

Maps in Development:

Good job.Thank you.
A couple of weeks ago I posted on a custom power field I made for my map using Valve's particle system.
Now in your pack I found a field with the feature I need.But I like the green one most and want it were that I need.
I hope you wouldn't mind if I use it the way I want.

God bless the quick save's inventor...(Portal: Prelude)
greykarel wrote:
Good job.Thank you.
A couple of weeks ago I posted on a custom power field I made for my map using Valve's particle system.

Link fixed. ;)

greykarel wrote:
Now in your pack I found a field with the feature I need.But I like the green one most and want it were that I need.
I hope you wouldn't mind if I use it the way I want.

I'm genuinely surprised you didn't like that particle effect.
But okay, sure you can use my fields. I just hope people won't be confused when the same texture has a different purpose in different maps...
:shrug:Also, don't forget to credit me, and rate! Really appreciated! Ah, who am I kidding. You probably won't read this anyway...

Maps in Development:

Yes that particle effect is quite good looking.And I do like it.I just thought your fields is more like
portal 2 fizzler. And I shall think what to use now.

God bless the quick save's inventor...(Portal: Prelude)

I am adding a wiki page for creating these fields to the Valve developer site. I hope that is ok with you.

Wow! That was...uh, yeah. Just, yeah.
protoborg wrote:
I am adding a wiki page for creating these fields to the Valve developer site. I hope that is ok with you.

Yeah sure, it's common knowledge. But I'm not sure what these fields specifically have to do with that. A page on the explanation of SolidEnergy vmt's is great, though.

greykarel wrote:
And I shall think what to use now.

Don't let me deter you, use whatever you need! ;)

Anyone can do anything they want with these fields, as long as I'm credited where it's due!

Maps in Development:
FourthReaper wrote:
Yeah sure, it's common knowledge. But I'm not sure what these fields specifically have to do with that. A page on the explanation of SolidEnergy vmt's is great, though.

I figured, just as there is a page there about the Portal 2 roller mine and tracking laser, there ought to be a page about these things. If you like you can edit the page I wrote to include the "theory behind SolidEnergy" fields. It would give the page a bit more content as well as helping people to appreciate them.

Wow! That was...uh, yeah. Just, yeah.
Page 1 of 5Next