Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Favourite Portal 2 Song

Page 1 of 2Next

What is yours? Mine is "Music of the Spheres" or "Don't Do It"

I like "Machiavellian Bach" because of the ways they were able to play it with a slightly changed tempo when you step on a faith plate or excursion funnel and still have it line up properly when it goes back to the main song.

Falsi sumus crusto!

My favorite is probably botsbuildbots (found in the iTunes album and partially the a2 main menu, followed closely by music of the spheres. I also agree with Felix that the fact that they ovelayed music is really smart and amazing. That happens on most tests, but the Bach one is a really great example. My favorite that does that is probably the "I have to pick up 15 acres of broken glass... All by myself" chamber. I could go on and review each song, but I won't to keep my and everyone else's sanity.

When life gives you lemons, make apple juice and have everyone wonder how you did it.
Musical website Moddb

I really like the tracks played after "The Part Where He Kills You", especially the boss fight music. I also like most of the Old Aperture tracks. Pretty much all of them are wonderful.

My stuff:
[spoiler]- BEE2 Addons | (BEE2)
- Hammer Addons
Maps:
- Crushed Gel
- Gel is Not Always Helpful[/spoiler]

I could write an essay on the soundtrack.

When life gives you lemons, make apple juice and have everyone wonder how you did it.
Musical website Moddb

I like Overgrowth & Triple Laser Phase. For some reason I love Hard Sunshine. Dont know why,

Bombs for Throwing At You: I like this for its jarring, awkward beat and music, it felt a lot like what was going through Wheatley's head, and it also really made you thing about the entire game, where Wheatley starts as a friend, then you go on an adventure and he ends up trying to kill you.

Comedy = Tragedy + Time: The chamber that this plays in (the large one with laser relays, turrets, and cubes) took me a little more time than the other chambers when I first played this game, and the music really helped my concentration.

One thing I've noticed about the Portal 2 soundtrack is that the music that plays during gameplay (puzzles, boss fight) is very different than the music that plays during more cinematic moments (intro, wheatley betrayal). Most music played during puzzles is somewhat jarring and awkward, while cinematic music tends to be more flowing. While it's all fairly mechanical I can definitely notice these differences.

I think this is because the music played during puzzles is meant to help you focus and get your brain working by sometimes having awkward notes or beats. What would you rather listen to while solving Mevious' Resurrection? (if you imagine that there's no background music in the map already). We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together or Comedy + Tragedy = Time? Though I would, personally, do anything just so that I didn't have to listen to Taylor Swift

I can't belive nobody has said Cara Mia Addio! That brought a tear to my eye the first time I finished the game. Also, I AM NOT A MORON! is a big favorite. Reconstructing Science, Wheatley Science, and Your Precious Moon are also right up there.

Some others that I really like:
Science is Fun; 999999; Courtesy Call; Technical Difficulties; The Future Starts With You; There She Is; You Know Her?; 15 Acres; Love as a Construct (especially Alex Guidici's remix); Hard Sunshine (great to relax to); Turret Wife Serenade; I Made It All Up; Comedy = Tragedy + Time; Triple Laser Phase; You Will Be Perfect; Bots Build Bots; BYDTW Day; Almost At Fifty Percent; Don't Do It; Vitrification Order; Music of the Spheres 1 and 2; You Are Not Part Of The Control Group; Forwarding the Cause of Science; PotatOS Lament; TEST; FrankenTurrets; Machiavellian Bach; Excursion Funnel (great to relax to); The Part Where He Kills You; Omg, What Has He Done?; Bombs For Throwing At You; Caroline Deleted; Want You Gone; Space Phase; and Robots FTW.

Basically, every song.

ImageImage

9999999 most definitely.
It was the first time I launched Portal 2 and instantly knew it's gonna be epic just from listeting to it.

srs bsnss wrote:
I can't belive nobody has said Cara Mia Addio! That brought a tear to my eye the first time I finished the game. Also, I AM NOT A MORON! is a big favorite. Reconstructing Science, Wheatley Science, and Your Precious Moon are also right up there.

Some others that I really like:
Science is Fun; 999999; Courtesy Call; Technical Difficulties; The Future Starts With You; There She Is; You Know Her?; 15 Acres; Love as a Construct (especially Alex Guidici's remix); Hard Sunshine (great to relax to); Turret Wife Serenade; I Made It All Up; Comedy = Tragedy + Time; Triple Laser Phase; You Will Be Perfect; Bots Build Bots; BYDTW Day; Almost At Fifty Percent; Don't Do It; Vitrification Order; Music of the Spheres 1 and 2; You Are Not Part Of The Control Group; Forwarding the Cause of Science; PotatOS Lament; TEST; FrankenTurrets; Machiavellian Bach; Excursion Funnel (great to relax to); The Part Where He Kills You; Omg, What Has He Done?; Bombs For Throwing At You; Caroline Deleted; Want You Gone; Space Phase; and Robots FTW.

Basically, every song.

I agree with you there "Cara Mia Addio" did me me emotional and I do like "Your Precious Moon". I could just say they are all great!

Page 1 of 2Next